Multiple Openings.US Citizens ONLY. 100% Remote but must live in North America.
Getting a job is hard and stressful. We're trying to fix that. Seriously, that's the ethos behind this post as well as the product we need your help building.
Come join a high-functioning team that needs your unique talents. Been there, done that crew. All pros.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You're a right fit to be a Senior Engineer if you've built or are currently building mission-critical software for larger enterprises. If you're just getting started, please apply for our Jr. Engineering position.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec, Grape, and DelayedJob
- Experience with relational databases, specifically PostgreSQL
- Understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful paradigms
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of Git and GitHub
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- $100K - $150K (DOE) + health benefits
- Open to contract-work if you'd rather not be w2, but we'd like your full-time effort
- Generous PTO / schedule flexibility
- Chance to grow your role + raises (of course) as we grow the company
What to Expect
- Small, pro team — been there, done that RE: enterprise software
- You'd be engineer #5... with more on the way.
- Clear direction and expectations
- Chill leaders who only care about the work product
- We also expect you to have a life outside of work — none of that "work is family" psyops stuff
- Assume April 1 but we can talk about it if you have a preference sooner or later
How to Apply
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Include a short bio
- link to your LinkedIn
- link to your GitHub
- Questions you have about the company or role
LSS, this could be your vehicle for good work/life balance + feel good about the product you're building + respect for everyone you work with + opportunity to do something that benefits users in a real, tangible way that most software doesn't.