Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Scala Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent communication and organization skills, as well as problem solving skills. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
The position involves building backend services in Scala and a GraphQL layer in TypeScript.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- *Must* have 1-2 years of experience with Scala.
- Experience with TypeScript is a big plus.
- Experience with Microservices and SOA
- Experience in finance or fintech
- Can think critically, build from rough specs (no designs or detailed specs)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Freelance experience: delivered projects, managed budget/estimate, worked with non-technical clients
One of our core values is continuous learning: within the industry & from each other. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you're self-sufficient, passionate & a good communicator, we'd love to hear from you.
For this position, you must be located within the United States or Canada.