Spreedly is a rapidly growing, growth private-equity funded digital payments company with headquarters located in downtown Durham, North Carolina. We've developed a high volume, global solution to support our vision that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive, payment ecosystem.
Our employees help build a culture that values independence, transparency, and collaboration in a digital-first communication environment. We hope you do your best work at Spreedly and find a mature workplace striving to support the ebb and flow of work-life harmony.
Infrastructure Engineering at Spreedly is a team of teams whose focus is designing, deploying, and operating the foundational systems and platform primitives on which Spreedly’s services run. Building a high performance payments platform requires engineers with expertise in distributed systems architecture, infrastructure as a service, data durability, and information security best practices. We are working with and storing credit card data, so thinking about security is a way of life at Spreedly, as is building sustainable processes to keep things safe (and our auditors happy)!
As a Senior/Staff Infrastructure Engineer at Spreedly, you will lead ambitious projects, drive deep architectural discussions and decisions, and you will mentor other team members within the Engineering Organization. You deeply understand what it takes to build highly available, performant, and durable cloud architecture. We are actively working to containerize our cloud based services so your ideas and skills will impact the design and direction of our next generation platform. We regularly work with internal engineering and product teams as well as external vendors in pursuit of improving our developer experience and satisfying our customer needs. We hope to find someone that brings a broad set of technical skills, a development and automation focused mindset, and a diverse view to our team as we expand our infrastructure in support of our goals.
- A desire to build, operate, and scale systems on the AWS cloud.
- Experience with DevOps and/or GitOps and an understanding of CI/CD methods.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code(we use Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Nomad, etc).
- A solid understanding of Amazon Linux and Ubuntu distributions and their ecosystems.
- Experience with databases(CockroachDB, Postgres) and middleware infrastructure(Kafka).
- A desire to instrument everything using platforms like Datadog, Sentry, and Sumo Logic.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration(Nomad, Docker etc).
- The ability to deliver solutions in support of applications written in Ruby on Rails and Elixir.
- Some programming proficiency in Python or Go. You might even be a software engineer with a focus or passion for infrastructure!
- A desire to mentor other engineers and foster a collaborative environment to improve our software development processes.
- A willingness to be a generalist and dig into new things you've never done before.
- Excellent written communications, and a track record of documenting your work.
- A pragmatic, take-action approach but you’re open to failing fast and pivoting.
- An ability to sort out immediate priorities from the ever shifting needs of a rapidly growing organization.
What we offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new Macbook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
We're constantly striving to have the fairest and most productive hiring process possible. We want to ensure that every candidate is treated equally and our interactions are designed with that goal in mind. If you want to get a sense for what your application process will look like, we'd encourage you to read the following: Stop Hazing Your Potential Hires
and Programming Puzzles Are Not the Answer
If this at all sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you!
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
This position is open to remote applicants in the contiguous US only. You must be able to travel to our Durham,. NC office once per quarter. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.