Employers hire millions of freelance employees for projects and rely mostly on paper. Workers move between projects and on-board 30 times a year without a way to track payment. Wrapbook wins employers with ease of use for on-boarding, paying, and insuring employees by automating industry workflows. And workers can instantly on-board and rack payments with a profile portable between employers.
We are the only 1:n payroll platform between employees and employers that’s more akin to PayPal than traditional payroll. Becoming the platform of choice provides scale and unique data for Wrapbook to provide better financial service to the industry. Financial services are integral to increasing the prosperity of employers and workers alike. By ensuring that workers get paid for projects fast and protecting their interests with insurance, we fill a tremendous gap in the project economy with a compelling and highly-effective new normal.
The Opportunity - Senior Technical Product Manager (Remote - USA / Canada)
As the Senior Product Manager for the Union team, you will be responsible for codifying collective bargaining agreements into an elegant rules system that can automatically calculate gross wages, meal penalties, forced calls, holidays and more.
Entertainment Production involves working with many different unions in different regions. Each of these unions have different contracts stipulating how much workers get paid for overtime, how many meals they are eligible for, when does overtime kick in, etc. You will have a unique opportunity to work with national unions throughout the country to codify their agreements to ensure that their members are always paid properly and transparently for their time worked.
The union team is working on implementing all the different contracts into sets of rules that we can use to calculate gross wages owed based on time cards submitted for each work.
What you’ll Do:
- Drive the definition and execution of high-level technical product roadmaps into shipped integrated solutions
- Understand our key drivers, customer use cases, and full user and system flow impact across all platforms
- Translate business requirements and goals into execution and delivery
- Work in partnership with engineering team to analyze, articulate, and map key system requirements for internal and external integration
- Define and detail User Stories and prioritize team backlogs based on business goals and customer and platform needs
- Evaluate and document the requirements for each product feature, articulate these requirements, answer questions and make scope trade off decisions as needed
- Ensure optimal delivery by removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance and develop contingency plans to demonstrate adaptability while supporting continuous learning
- Bridge technical, business and creative worlds, engaging with matrixed teams including development, UX/UI design, copy, legal, risk and compliance, creating a collaborative environment while maximizing on business return
- Drive internal stakeholders and cross functional business unit engagements necessary for optimal on-time delivery of the best product experience
- Deliver high-value products that are differentiated and sequenced to ensure the highest value to our users and stakeholders
We think you'll be an amazing fit for this position if your application can demonstrate:
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Owner/Product Manager in a SaaS environment
- Have a proven track record of shipping quality products with a bias towards action
- Experience driving the end to end delivery of integrated software solutions both from a technical and partnership perspective
- Strong understanding of how to drive technical product discovery to software delivery end to end
- Demonstrable experience translating product roadmaps to solutions customers love
- In-depth knowledge of agile processes and principles, with the ability to provide direction to delivery teams and stakeholders throughout
- Strong experience developing use cases, epics and stories in a clear and concise manner, enabling the engineering team to deliver maximum productivity and value
- Experience in the planning of product releases and setting expectations for delivery of new functionality
- A proven ability to make hard decisions in a fast-paced environment, while actively identifying and mitigating issues that have an impact on successful completion of goals
Why Join Us:
At Wrapbook, creativity meets technology — and not just in the product.
In addition to a competitive salary and all the benefits you can expect from a fast-growing technology company, you’ll get access to a team of creative problem solvers and the chance to see your contributions make large impacts. Benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Work from anywhere in Canada and USA
- Health and Dental benefits
- IT set up for your home
- 401k and RRSP
- Learning and Development Allowance
Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace:
Wrapbook pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our Talent team will be in touch with you shortly!