The software division at Ryan, LLC is seeking a talented Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate possesses end-to-end design experience and a passion for transforming complex problems into elegant and intuitive user interfaces. We are looking for a multi-faceted designer who is well-versed in research, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design.
As a Senior User Experience Designer on our fully distributed team, you will work on a variety of projects ranging from small feature enhancements to large-scale efforts such as redesigning one of our enterprise-level applications from the ground up. Candidates should have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as they will frequently work cross-functionally to discuss new features, opportunities for improvement, and potential solutions.
As an early hire to the design team, this is an exciting opportunity to join a small, tight-knit team that plays a central role in setting a high bar for our software products. We operate like a startup; however, we have the financial stability and comprehensive benefits package you would expect from a larger company. If you are a pragmatic designer in search of a dynamic design role where you can learn and grow, look no further!
**All candidates must submit a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating past projects and process.**
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience
- Provide and solicit feedback from peers, cross-functional partners, and our users.
- Identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys in partnership with Product and Engineering.
- Provide feedback to Engineering before, during, and after implementation to ensure high-quality experiences are reaching our customers.
- Utilize our design system to create modular interfaces that reduce complexity and fragmentation.
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user experience, while striking a balance between company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation.
- Produce design concepts, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect and when to iterate with low-fi sketches.
- Create prototypes to test assumptions and describe interactions.
- Actively contribute to our UI library and maintain user interface design specifications, style guides, and templates.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in User Experience Design, Human Interaction Design, Digital Design, Computer Science, or equivalent related work experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience owning the end-to-end product design process
- High degree of familiarity with designing for responsive web and mobile apps.
- Experience designing with and contributing to a design system.
- Familiarity with UX Research.
- Financial industry, enterprise software, and/or B2B experience preferred.
- Fluency in modern interface design tooling (Balsamiq, Sketch, XD, Figma, InVision, and/or Axure).
- Expert with Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience working with software development platforms/tools (JIRA, Confluence, and Azure DevOps).
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but may assign tasks to junior team members at his/her Manager’s discretion.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the firm as well as interaction with external vendors and clients as necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: up to 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran