Catch Co. is looking for a motivated and capable SEO Growth Specialist to spearhead a broad range of digital initiatives designed to take our marketing efforts to the next level. As we experience rapid growth and increased complexity as a company, we need to in-house critical functions (like SEO), implement more rigorous measurement and testing capabilities, continuously optimize our existing activities, and more efficiently coordinate our efforts across channels / teams.
What you will do:
- Bring our search engine optimization (SEO) efforts in-house; specifically, develop a robust SEO strategy, manage day-to-day execution, and continuously optimize over time to maximize KPI results.
- Conduct keyword and competitive research; optimize websites to increase rankings, inbound links, and organic traffic.
- Coordinate and help execute a range of cross-channel marketing activities, including but not limited to affiliate, paid social, email and other performance marketing.
- Build out a robust measurement and reporting infrastructure for all marketing activities. Share those results with stakeholders and proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop and execute a rigorous and ongoing test-and-learn effort (example: randomized control trials in performance marketing)
What experience you need:
- 2+ years of end-to-end SEO experience, including knowledge of relevant vendors, platforms, processes and strategies.
- Experience developing content strategy to improve SEO.
- 1+ years of direct experience with top channel platforms (including Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads).
- Experience managing marketing measurement and reporting efforts. A strong understanding of the underlying objectives, metrics, platforms, systems and analytical techniques is required.
- Strong functional understanding of various test-and-learn methodologies (e.g., A/B testing) and their application to marketing efforts.
- Advanced Excel experience.
- Exposure to statistics and HTML/CSS is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, other advanced degree preferred but not required.
- Interest in the outdoors is always a plus, but not required.
What will make you successful:
- Analytical Skills
- Strong Communication
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to detail
- Ethics & Integrity
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
#happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off (PTO) policy
- 11 paid holidays yearly
- Fully distributed team (most employees may work from anywhere in the continental United States!)
- Flexible working schedule
- Two yearly week-long company retreats
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Employee discount program
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.