Spire Systems is seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to enhance the delivery of our cloud ERP product. This is a full-time, permanent position on a small team of remote developers.
- Design and build scalable infrastructure that delivers a dependable SaaS product
- Document, monitor, and support that infrastructure
- Proactively identify and correct security issues in our cloud product and related services
- Automate manual tasks and improve efficiency for Spire Partners, our support team, and in the development lifecycle
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (EC2/ECS, RDS, Route 53, S3, IAM)
- Proficient with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Working knowledge of Python (experience with Django or Flask a plus)
- Experience with HTTP and REST APIs as well as an understanding of OAuth 2 and OIDC
- Experience with a CI tool like GitHub Actions, Jenkins or Buildkite
- Excellent reading comprehension and writing ability
- Attention to detail
- Positive, professional attitude
- Eligible for employment in Canada
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary $100,000 CAD+ per year
- Health and dental benefits for you and your dependents
- Accommodative vacation policy and flexible working hours
Spire Core Values
- Sustainable - We create software for growing businesses that keeps pace with the fast-changing technology industry, preserving investments and maintaining profitable relationships.
- Progressive - We are forward thinking and dynamic. We embrace change and use it as a catalyst for innovation.
- Integrity - We demonstrate accountability by delivering what we promise. We will earn and maintain trust.
- Respect - We value diversity and promote inclusiveness. We treat others as we expect to be treated.
- Excellence - We hold ourselves to the highest standards and strive to meet and exceed expectations.
About Spire Systems
Spire Systems develops business management and accounting software for small and medium sized businesses. Our headquarters are located in Langley, BC Canada but we have remote employees distributed throughout Canada. We have an existing product with customers, partners, and revenue. The company is stable, family-oriented, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.