Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Zearn is on a mission to ensure that all children love and learn math, and we're looking for a passionate, strategic, and outcome-driven Social Media & Community Manager to join our team and help grow Zearn Math to reach all students nationwide. This brand new role will report to our Director of Marketing and will lead the creation of a thriving online teaching community across social media platforms that empowers teachers to support every student to learn and love math and believe in their ability to solve problems. The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter who's knowledgeable and passionate about social media platforms, has experience building, managing and scaling online communities, and can think strategically and execute tactically.
What You Will Do:
Social Media Management:
- Manage and build out the social content calendar across platforms, including writing creative briefs for content partners, writing copy, coordinating with marketing colleagues to capture key campaigns
- Develop processes and timelines for regular content publishing, including managing agencies, contractors, and internal team members, as well as scheduling all posts for on-time delivery
- Engage market experts to develop social media strategy for Zearn's CEO and CAO, and manage team of agencies and/or contractors to create and publish weekly content in line with strategy
- Collaborate with performance marketing experts to develop channel-specific campaigns to meet social media and marketing goals
- Regularly measure and analyze social media content, sharing insights and best practices with the team to optimize content and creative
- Evaluate and implement new and relevant platforms to continue to grow our community and audience of educators
- Moderate, listen and engage daily with our amazing community members, providing them with support and resources they need, activating the community around a shared mission
- Proactively engage with teachers on Twitter to source community content and create positive Zearn brand experiences online
- Meet regularly with community members to glean insights, community perspective, and develop guidance on ways to engage with the community
- Collaborate with performance marketing experts to develop channel-specific campaigns to increase community members and audience
- Represent the voice of our community in cross-departmental communications, sharing trends, pain points, and sentiments
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience with social media and community management ideally in education or consumer-facing industries
- 4+ years of related community management experience building, managing and scaling online communities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (especially Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube) and how each can work together effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, with excellent project management skills.
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with tools like Hootsuite, Airtable, Sprout or other social-media focused software
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.