For more than two decades, Telestream has been at the forefront of innovation in the digital video industry, pioneering file-based video transcoding and high-quality media exchange over IP networks. Telestream provides world-class live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions that allow businesses and consumers to transform video on the desktop and across the enterprise. Many of the world's most demanding media and entertainment companies such as CBS, BBC, CNN, FOX, CBC, Comcast, Direct TV, Time Warner, MTV, Discovery and Lifetime, as well as a growing number of users in a broad range of business environments, rely on Telestream products to streamline operations, reach broader audiences, and generate more revenue from their media. If you're looking for an industry leader in the high growth area of video, Telestream is for you.
Position: Software Engineer – Remote
· Design, implement, and test services and features in a distributed and/or cloud native architecture.
· Support legacy applications.
· Transition monolithic legacy applications to our new architecture stack.
· Work in cross-functional agile teams within a Scrum environment with regular sprints.
· Write high performance code for scale.
· Effectively communicate with your manager and other team members spanning various locations and time zones using Microsoft Teams and Email.
· Help translate user stories into actionable development tasks.
· Use Jira effectively within the policies we have adopted.
· You are self-motivated and driven to solve problems on your own but know when to ask for help.
· You can pair up effectively with others to solve cross cutting or complex problems.
· You are proactive, self-motivated, have opinions and speak up, but remember to be a team player.
· You can mentor others around you, yet still accept mentoring from others.
· Strong programming experience building back-end software using Go, Java, C/C++, NodeJS, or C# (more than one preferred).
· Good programming experience building front-end software using React (functional React with Hooks preferred) ideal, but other frameworks such as Angular or Vue considered.
· Experience with REST API design and development. Experience with Postman.
· Experience developing in a microservices and/or cloud native architecture.
· Experience with containerized development with Docker and Docker Compose.
· Experience with Git/Bitbucket/Jenkins regardless.
· Experience writing unit tests in various frameworks and languages.
· Comfortable in a Linux environment.
· Experience with media transport streams such as RTP, SDI, SMPTE 2110, SMPTE 2022, TS, ABR, and others.
· Experience with ELK/EFK stack.
· Experience with one or more cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
· Experience with C/C++ experience at hardware and/or embedded environments.