We’re hiring a team lead, who is passionate about technology and education, to help build new features into our existing product Canvas and its services.
The team lead role is a combination of the technical expertise of a software engineer with additional responsibility around the happiness and productivity of a cross-functional team. You’ll be expected to be a people, process, and technical leader for the team. Your team will be made up of software engineers and software engineers in test working in concert with a product manager and a designer. You and your team will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and production operations of your services.
Like our customers, we value a learning culture and expect our engineers to work closely with product and support to build the best possible solutions, not just write code to a spec. Engineers at Instructure enjoy an annual company-wide tech conference, biweekly tech talks, and quarterly Hackweeks, all designed to encourage as much exploration and learning as possible.
What we do:
- We build innovative web applications that rely on modern tools to create engaging user experiences.
- We are cloud native. For this job, that means collaborating with your team to craft low-latency, high availability web services that can provide exceptional user experiences.
- We grow great products by investing in the teams that create them: the hallmarks of our engineering culture are constructive code review, a bias to action, thoughtful mentorship, and regular communication.
- This is a hands on development position - you will be coding around 50% of the time, and managing a team the other 50%.
What we look for:
- Demonstrated talent as a mentor and leader — when was the last time you helped someone achieve their career goals? Do you have a history of shipping great software on-time and on-budget?
- Strong technical skills that will allow you to make technical decisions, provide technical feedback to your team through code reviews, and write code alongside your teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to own, improve, and scale existing code.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with product and program management, QA, and UI/UX to translate user and business needs into superior experiences.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with peers that use the services you own.
- A passion for people and for software.
- BS or greater in Computer Science preferred.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.