Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Greater Philadelphia-based animal health company working on unique technology solutions for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals across the globe.
We’re seeking a skilled Product Manager who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing 40-person team. The ideal candidate is smart, creative, effective, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and motivated by working on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape the entire profession.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 😺
We are looking for someone who is technologically sophisticated, business-savvy, passionate about creating elegant and simple solutions, and excited to work closely with our various teams to solve meaningful problems for our customers with software. You will be instrumental in understanding our customers and product space, contributing to the vision of our product lines, and creating and shaping software features. Your contributions and product leadership will greatly influence our product strategy and customer satisfaction.
Day-to-day, this role will consist of being responsible for the success of Instinct products. This includes taking features from ideation to detailed documentation/development, researching customer needs, determining new feature requirements and priorities, and managing our backlog and product roadmaps. Additionally, you will also be helping to identify and fill product gaps, generating new product ideas and working alongside our executives, software engineers and customer support team to deliver on our product goals. You will be part of a close-knit team that is working hard for a better product each day.
This position may require some travel (pandemic-pending) for product research purposes.
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
* 3 years experience in software product management or veterinary workflows
* Passion for solving customer problems
* Ability and excitement to lead product changes with influence
* Ability to think through challenges and develop features that solve them elegantly
* Ability to become an expert on the veterinary hospital market/industry
* Decisiveness and resiliency when confronted with challenges
* A high bar for simple, beautiful, and modern user interfaces and experiences
* Intuition to challenge and improve our user interface
* Great attention to detail and excellent time-management skills
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
* Good written and verbal communication
* Basic modern software tool experience: G Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets/Docs/Forms)
* Knowledge of software development processes
Bonus Experience 💡
* Veterinary, medical, or pharmacy software experience
* Experience using Instinct
* Understanding of the veterinary space and our customers
* Working efficiently from your home as part of a distributed team
* Jira or similar software development tool experience
* Figma or other design software experience
A Sneak Peek at Team Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, professional, and fun work environment that values balance. As a fully distributed team, we seek teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
We’re guided by one thing: helping veterinary hospital teams excel. To that end, your work contributions will greatly shape the workflows, staff happiness, and patient care for some of the most advanced veterinary centers on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
* We offer a supportive, innovative, caring work environment
* We pay our team well (based on experience)
* We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
* We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
* We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
* We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our retreats
Learn More About Us 👓
Our blog Pick the Brain: https://pickthebrain.instinct.vet
that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to equality and providing a pleasant work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All employees will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.