This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a high-performing sales team at a true remote-first global tech company. We are growing like crazy, thanks to our amazing sales and customer success teams. The Solution Engineer is the technical muscle that helps make that happen. If you love coming up with great solutions that wow our customers, this might be just the right career step for you!
What You Will Do
The Solution Engineer (SE) supports the pre-sales process for our Inside Sales and Customer Success teams. The SE partners with the Sales Reps and CSMs to identify customer’s needs, and create customized solutions to meet those needs. The focus of the role is to demonstrate and articulate the capabilities of Percona software and services products that are best aligned to the needs of Percona’s customers. This will require strong technical and communication skills, as well as the ability to lead detailed conversations with customers and prospects. Solution Engineers distinguish themselves by their skill at problem-solving.
The Solution Engineer is responsible for being a technically credible public face of Percona. The SE demonstrates this capability in each interaction they have with customers and prospects, as well as at public speaking opportunities such as the Percona Live Conference and other industry and trade conferences. The SE is expected to earn the trust of Percona customers and prospects, to be seen as their trusted advisor.
- Experience with database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, SQLServer)
- Experience working with open source technologies
- Experience working with cloud-based architectures and solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- A driven self-motivated learner
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years experience working with a sales team preferred
- 2+ years of working with and understanding various cloud-based architectures and solutions preferred
- Track record of consistently achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
- Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships
This role is remote and supports our Inside Sales and Customer Success teams for the Midwest territory (US/Canada). Very little travel is required, primarily for team meetings, conferences, etc.