What We're Looking For
We don't have management overhead at Crazy Egg and as such we need independent, self-motivated, and self-disciplined senior-level team members. We are a small, fully-remote, high-functioning team.
- Desire to constantly improve themselves, their team, and the products they work on. Crazy Egg spends a lot of time experimenting with new processes, getting internal feedback, and when facing issues finding a way to not just solve the current issue but prevent or improve it in the future.
- Experience working remotely with team members in different time zones.
- Someone who can work independently (without relying too much on input from others), but knows when to stop and get help when needed.
- Ability to brainstorm multiple solutions and describe the tradeoffs of each solution.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience in small teams.
- Senior-level experience developing web applications and APIs. We have multiple services but our core applications are in Elixir.
- Focus and experience with optimizing web application performance and security.
- 3+ years professional experience with a variety of AWS services, including EKS, RDS, Lambda, SQS
- Direct experience dealing with data at scale (think billions of data points monthly, terabytes of data, etc).
- Absinthe/GraphQL experience
- React experience
- Ruby experience
- Kubernetes experience
Please send your resume and your answer to the screening question below. Even if you have an outstanding resume we won’t be able to consider you without a written answer to the screening question. If we like what we see we’ll schedule you for an introductory call where you can ask more questions about Crazy Egg.
Describe a time where you had a direct impact on the product or team you were working with. What was the challenge? What were the different solutions you considered? Why did you choose the solution you went with? What were the measurable results?
Note: We don’t need an essay for this. It’s a screening question. You’ll have more time in an interview to explain the details. Aim for a paragraph or two focused on the most important parts.
Job posted 2021-04-01