- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- 💥 Work for a DCer
- 🏖️ 15 Days Paid Vacation
- 🔑 Work with the Founder
- 💸 $350 Receive a Referral Bonus
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World (Europe ideal)
*Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
Who We Are
is a leading residential and data center proxy provider that helps power other SaaS companies to unblock the internet.
We are a successful SaaS that has been around for over 8 years and is currently experiencing a new period of rapid growth. We have huge plans for the next 5 years and we want to get the right people on board to come on the journey.
We are a fun, relaxed, and fully remote company, that will offer amazing training, support, and flexibility.
What do we do?
We are a leading residential and data center proxy provider that helps power other SaaS companies to unblock the internet.
We provide an API to developers who can then access millions of IPs through a single point of connection.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Sysadmin who can help us manage, maintain and scale our growing number of servers.
Qualities we’re looking for
- High level knowledge in TCP/IP networking
- Deep knowledge on how to optimize kernel through sysctl
- Doesn’t mind working by themselves – since we are in different timezones
- Can assign work to themselves once adjusted to the position
- Will make their own suggestions on how we can improve our systems
- Excellent problem solver and doesn’t need hand-holding
- Comfortable learning new tools such as Kubernetes, nomad, or whatever we end up using
- Comfortable taking ideas and briefs then implementing them in their own time
- Would prefer long term work
- Takes ownership and wants to build something they’re proud of
We believe in promoting work/life balance and offer our employees 15 days of paid vacation.
Flexible work hours. You can essentially set and work your own hours as long as the work gets completed.
Why work for ProxyRack?
- Fully remote teamwork from your bedroom or from a beach, whatever works for you
- Flexible working hours
- No unnecessary meetings & emails
- Chance to be a part of a fast-growing company
- No corporate BS, you can always reach out to our CEO to ask a question
- Friendly work environment
What kind of work can you expect?
- Taking one of our micro-services and containerizing it and then ensuring high availability
- You should be comfortable being on-call some of the time in case of server alerts
- Setting up and deploying our own Nomad or Kubernetes service on bare metal servers
- Creating backup systems for data
- Ensuring the stability and reliability of our servers
- Serving as a point of contact for support staff seeking higher-level technical assistance
- Own the core services used by multiple engineering teams
- Ensure our infrastructure is highly available
- Diagnose complex issues across various levels of the stack
- Improve the instrumentation and monitoring of our platform
- Continue to evolve and challenge our core infrastructure
- Work closely with our engineers to ensure they have the best tooling
- Improve the reliability of our distributed systems
- Design and implement impactful architectural changes
- Work in small, nimble teams.
Who would you be working with?
You would primarily be working with the founder, code engineers, and on occasion the product managers