Intellum is the creator and leader of the customer education market. We are privately-owned, profitable, and powered by a globally distributed team who truly cares about delivering remarkable learning experiences.
Our Engineering team currently consists of about 20 people and operates from North America, Europe and Oceania. Remote has been the bedrock of our culture for over a decade.
At Intellum, you will be joining a very successful organization and help the largest and fastest-moving brands in the world successfully educate their customers, partners, and employees.
- Remote Working with a flexible schedule, supported by a strong culture of asynchronous communication.
- Working together with a team of smart, interesting people with the lightest, most supportive structure possible to be successful.
- Varied, interesting technical challenges for talented engineers to tackle and large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus on getting things done.
- An opportunity to play a significant role in our mission to improve the lives of others. Education is important and our contribution to the practice and technology is significant.
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for an engineer with experience scaling services, troubleshooting and managing incidents with diverse systems, that will help us with the continuous growth of our Intellum platform. We’re facing challenges due to higher usage of systems and becoming a larger organization. Preferably someone between EST and UTC+2.
- Applications written in ruby on rails and node, using postgresql and mongodb for storage, redis, memcached, elasticsearch, websockets, etc
- CI/CD stack based on Spinnaker and Jenkins running on Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as code with terraform + ansible
- Multiple cloud providers AWS + Google Cloud
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Managed infrastructure in one or more Cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Are familiar with Infrastructure as code tools (Terraform, cloudformation)
- Have experience using configuration management tools like Ansible or chef, etc)
- Have managed large fleets of linux servers
- Feel comfortable automating tasks and writing scripts (bash, ruby, python)
- Take ownership of tasks and lead them to completion
- Can write good documentation to help our users
- Proactively communicate with other team members to seek help and support
Extra bonus for:
- Experience with ruby on rails or node js applications
- Experience tuning/scaling relational databases (Postgresql, mysql)
- Experience improving monitoring and reliability of systems
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and reliable infrastructure
- Automate processes and workflows to reduce the workload and ship products faster
- Monitor virtual infrastructure and be part of a 24x7 on-call rotation to respond to alerts
- Work with software engineers to ensure application updates fit with the infrastructure and modify it as needed
- A competitive compensation within the industry
- A budget of $3,500 per year for professional and personal developmentInsurance Benefits (for US based employees) including:
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Dental - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Vision - 100% of employee premiums covered
- 401(k) with matching
About Intellum: Intellum is an Atlanta-based SaaS company focused on corporate learning. We are the software engineers, developers and tech industry professionals who are helping our clients become more data savvy, applying machine learning techniques to significantly improve learning personalization, and developing monetization strategies that drive revenue with external audiences. We strive to live up to our company values of Simplicity, Honesty and Innovation every day and have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Our clients include organizations such as Cricket Wireless, Facebook, Google, Habitat for Humanity, and Randstad.
Intellum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.