The Center of Complex Interventions, Inc. (CCI) is a nonprofit that applies scientific research to large scale, complex problems, such as COVID testing and climate change, and builds open source data tools. In addition to research and open source work, CCI hosts a vibrant and diverse community of researchers and entrepreneurs who attend regular CCI community meetings, share their own research and expertise with other community members, and contribute to CCI projects.
CCI is looking for IT and systems administration support as the organization and community continue to grow and as CCI looks to scale its work. This role will be flexible in nature as this person will help set up, and manage CCI’s tech services, hardware, and software needs.
This is a part-time contract position reporting to the Director of Technology. CCI is a fully-distributed organization and you can be located anywhere in the world.
- Manage and provision internal cloud services such as G Suite, Slack, 1Password, Zoom, Miro, etc.
- Manage websites, servers, and hosting associated with CCI projects across multiple platforms (Heroku, Dreamhost, GCP, WordPress etc.), provisioning, updating, and replacing servers as needed.
- Establish, maintain, and automate IT best practices related to security, password management, file storage and sharing, onboarding, and so on.
- Research and implement new technologies and software to support the work of the CCI staff and community.
- Provide quick support to staff and community members when they need technical assistance.
- Assist with managing IT budget, including researching nonprofit discounts and pricing for new services.
- You have some experience in IT and system administration roles
- You are well-versed in IT best practices, including security, user management, server provisioning, and so on.
- You‘re extremely detail-oriented and enjoy writing documentation.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- You work well independently, build good working relationships remotely, and are a proactive communicator.
- You enjoy helping people and building a community.
- You're probably curious and enjoy learning new things.
- Nice to haves:
- Programming experience.
- Remote work experience.
How to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The Center of Complex Interventions, Inc. (CCI) is an equal opportunity employer. CCI complies with and adheres to all United States state and federal anti-discrimination laws with respect to its employment practices. CCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin or ancestry, age, or disability or any other category protected under state or federal law. This policy extends to recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, assignment, working conditions, termination, re-employment, employee treatment, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. All employment-related decisions are made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.