, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation
in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager (TPM) - Site Reliability Engineering (m/f/x) to join us remotely or in our Berlin office.
As TPM of our remote-first Platform team, you will proactively guide technical vision, direction, and strategy of the team, and help setting the priorities. You will be responsible for supporting the engineers developing our infrastructure and supporting the services that depend on it. You will also coordinate with the rest of Ecosia teams and be primary contact for the stakeholders and management.
Do you want to become part of a supportive team and shape a product used by millions of users every day?
What you’ll be doing
- Plan, direct and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Platform Team: triaging incoming workload, maintaining focus on priorities, and setting realistic expectations for both peers and team members;
- Manage dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders (other engineering teams, Engineering Managers and CTO);
- Collaborate closely with the Tech Lead of the team and product managers, engineers, and Engineering Managers to influence product strategy and contribute to the organizational strategy;
- Continuously develop the roadmap of the team in alignment with other Product and BI teams, and helping to draft and execute the team's annual and quarterly plans;
- Project management of new and existing initiatives;
- Manage and improve incident handling processes, help to facilitate incident management program onboarding and shift planning, and participate as primary on-call escalation point for other on-call engineers;
- Facilitate the definition and establishment of Service Level Objectives and track Error Budgets with service owners and stakeholders;
- Drive technical improvements and identify innovation potential within the infrastructure domain with input from the teams;
- Strengthen our collaborative and inclusive culture, in alignment with our core values.
For information, this is our current Tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes and Terraform.
What you bring
- Prior experience leading SRE or DevOps teams
- Prior hands-on experience with software or reliability engineering (within the last 3 years preferred)
- Experience leading in a remote-first team
- Experience being part of incident management
These skills are nice to have, but not having them won’t impact our consideration of your application.
- Solutions-focused: our resources are limited, and our guiding principles are ambitious. We want you to work to find solutions embracing these factors.
- Self motivated with an ability to navigate through ambiguity and bring a project to completion with limited directions.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak the language of stakeholders from different areas (product, tech, compliance, security)
- Experience with some of the development tools from our Tech radar
Salary range for the role:
A fair compensation package aligned with our internal salary grid (69.4k - 79.8k) per year, based on your skills and experience, plus up to 5k per year for participating in the on-call rotation.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance and visa application support
- Learning days and learning budget, Hackathons, offsite events, conference participation
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours: part -time of 32 hours possible, with core working hours between 10-16 Berlin time/CET
*If during covid-19 you work outside of Germany, you need to be available during our core working hours
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work (winter and summer months)
- 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.