We’re pleased to be searching for our next Product Success Specialist. That’s what we call our Technical Support team members because you’re not just here to answer technical questions… you’re here to help customers achieve their goals and find success using our product.
The hours for this position are 9AM - 5PM EST. While our Product Success team is distributed around the world and we offer 24/5 support, at this time we need further support in this specific time zone. If those times don't allow you to work and also lead a healthy, normal life, please consider waiting to apply until a position is available that better suits your normal working hours.
Interested in applying?
Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing. Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :)
Product Success Specialists report to the Product Success Supervisor.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Product Success Specialist:
- You will be a member of our Customer Success team. The Customer Success team is responsible for reducing churn and increasing customers' use of OptinMonster.
- During your first 3 months, you’ll spend the majority of your time training in HelpScout by answering support questions, reading documentation and watching videos/webinars to build up your understanding of how OptinMonster works.
- After that, you’ll spend 70-80% of your time in HelpScout and/or live chat software directly helping customers resolve technical challenges they're having using OptinMonster.
- You will help our customers understand how to do the things they're already trying to do. You’ll help them figure out why things aren’t working as expected, whether it’s because of a mistake they made, or a bug on our end.
- You'll also share the potential for how they could use OptinMonster beyond the ways they're currently using it.
- You’ll often collaborate directly with Product developers to solve a customer's problem, or you’ll document it thoroughly to be worked on later and follow up with the customer once it is fixed.
- You’ll help the Customer Success team identify positive and negative trends coming from customers so we can respond quickly and appropriately.
- When OptinMonster launches any new features or improvements, you'll help make sure our documentation is updated in a simple, easy-to-understand way.
- You’ll also help beta test features yourself and with customers.
- When appropriate, you'll recommend upgrades, or cross-sell other AwesomeMotive products.
- With the rest of your time, you'll work on at least one "rock" each quarter. A rock is a project that helps move us move closer to accomplishing our annual goals. You’ll have input into what rocks you’re assigned.
- You’ll attend Customer Success meetings weekly. Your input during both will genuinely inform the OptinMonster roadmap, so it's important to come prepared to share your thoughts. You’ll help us make sure we're working on the right things based on real customer feedback and data you collect.
- You’ll help identify and prioritize potential improvements to the product. It’s up to you to collect and thoroughly document feature requests throughout the month so that you can most effectively represent our customers' goals during that process.
- You’ll use your natural curiosity to learn more about marketing, sales, and support, and to grow your technical skills. You'll freely share what you've learned with the rest of the team.
- You’ll help our team craft better internal processes and systems, too.
- The hardest thing about this role is having a deep sense of empathy for solving customer problems, but also balancing that with the big picture priorities for the business. This means sometimes being able to kindly, but firmly, tell a customer no.
The following qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities) are necessary to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position.
- You are already a technical support professional. You DEFINITELY know your way around CSS/HTML, but you bring more to the table than that. Maybe you also are fluent in JS, Vue or React. You might understand how to use webhooks and APIs. Maybe you are excellent at testing, QA, debugging or documentation, or maybe you have in-depth knowledge of Google Analytics.
- You have experience using or supporting email marketing platforms like Constant Contact, MailChimp, Drip, etc…
- You have experience using or supporting Content Management Systems or eCommerce platforms like WordPress, SquareSpace, Shopify, and WooCommerce.
- You understand that what seems easy to you might seem like a technical nightmare to a customer and you won’t make them feel bad for feeling that way.
- You love helping people and are genuinely curious about solving challenging issues for them.
- You will become an OptinMonster expert. You’ll provide technical support for a marketing product, so you’ll have to know the product inside out technically AND and the business use cases for it.
- You have a healthy perspective on the tension between day-to-day support and long-term product vision.
- You can write conversational English very well and are excellent at thoroughly explaining complicated things in a simple way.
- You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it without being asked.
- You're not afraid to experiment. We’re already very good at what we do, so getting from good to great requires creativity beyond the obvious. You embrace the chance to grow and get better. We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team, too.
You have experience using or supporting content optimization software like Google Content Experiments or Google Tag Manager, Optimizely or VWO.co.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Our Product Success team proudly boasts ZERO turnover in six years...our teammates love working here and we hope you will, too.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, South Africa, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five-year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a fully remote position.
How To Apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- If you have previous experience working in technical support, we'd love to hear about it.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful.
- Share profile links if available (Your website, WordPress.org, GitHub, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- If you have written documentation for a technical product, please include links so we can take a look.
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :) We’ve found that using video in support increases happiness ratings, so if you’re bold enough to include a video introducing yourself, you’ll probably increase our happiness, too.