FlightAware is looking for a UX Manager (title has been updated) to lead our growing team of designers and create the next generation of aviation mobile and web applications.
FlightAware is a fast-paced, well-regarded, high-growth company that provides leading-edge products and plays a critical role in the aviation ecosystem. Over 18 million people a month rely on our website and apps to make intelligent decisions. Our users include aviation professionals, frequent and casual travelers, pilots, and aviation enthusiasts.
The pace is fast, the team high caliber. The ideal candidate will be eager to roll up their sleeves and dive into the weeds when needed.
Regardless of role, we expect excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all hires at FlightAware. We look for candidates who will thrive here, meaning they demonstrate clear communication, embrace open feedback, trust their colleagues, and are driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently and efficiently.
- Design Leadership. Proven experience leading design teams with 5+ people. Strong team leadership, management, and mentorship experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer or similar. 5+ years experience directly managing a team of people.
- An online portfolio of past visual design and UI/UX showcasing a broad range of consumer web and mobile applications.
- Has a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials.
- Up to date with UI/UX trends and best practices.
- Proven experience working with and developing scalable and flexible design systems, including web & mobile style guides, and user research documentation
- Proficiency in standard design tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, and Figma. Seeks out new tools and techniques to facilitate work.
- An understanding of the technical capabilities of HTML, CSS, and responsive design.
- Execution-focused with an ability to navigate ambiguity. Have worked successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment. You require little direction.
- Strong organizational skills. Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously. Able to deliver under tight deadlines without sacrificing detail or quality. Expert in effectively immersing UX and visual design in a fast-paced, iterative, agile environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication practices. You have a demonstrated ability to represent complex topics to audiences with differing levels of technical fluency. You present effectively in a group setting.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence. Deeply empathetic and caring. You possess a willingness to empower and inspire commitment and a positive attitude in a team.
- You love helping your team develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations, and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Expert knowledge of:
- Usability heuristics, principles, and techniques
- Interface and interaction design
- Principles of visual design
- User research and usability testing methodologies
- Remote (work from home)
- Applicants must live in the United States
- Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Lead our team of talented UX designers and researchers.
- Lead every part of a project’s design process: research and discovery, presenting findings, design. You’ll work closely with developers to iteratively execute, test, and deliver the final product.
- Create world-class experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
- Create strong and collaborative partnerships with our development, sales, marketing teams. Provide creative solutions in strategy discussions to drive results for the business.
- Create sketches, user flows, wireframes, design comps, interaction designs, and high fidelity prototypes for applications and products and features within them.
- Review recommended designs and work of UX team members to ensure that designs are aligned with company, stakeholder, and end-user priorities.
- Lead and support a culture of collaboration, critique, and candid feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or equivalent.