Founded in 2017, KUDO is the market-leading platform for multilingual video meetings, built for governments and enterprises to communicate across numerous languages in real-time around the world.
Earlier in 2020, KUDO experienced an unprecedented surge in growth due to global circumstances that brought business travel and in-person meetings to an overnight halt. KUDO is now helping bridge critical lines of communication for international organizations and Fortune 1000 companies across different languages, cultures, and continents. Our platform achieves this by creating a seamless user experience where human professional interpreters work remotely through our powerful cloud-driven platform to facilitate multilingual video meetings and events built for the New Normal.
While KUDO is headquartered in New York City, our team is globally distributed and culturally diverse with employees spanning across all corners of the world. We have teams, partners, and customers across North America, Europe, Asia, and South America.
We are eagerly seeking talented individuals to join us in our mission to overcome language and geographic barriers around the world. If our mission resonates with you, we highly encourage you to apply within!
As a UX writer you understand what drives our users. You can write a witty headline, add personality to content and identify the right words to accompany our users through the different flows in our products.
You know how to guide our users through the KUDO interfaces in an intuitive manner and build bridges between the user’s needs and the company’s goals.
You will collaborate closely with our Marketing, Design, Product, Language Services, Development, and Localization teams to create user-centric experiences with elegant text for web, app screens, emails, push notifications, FAQ pages, etc. Your work will help users successfully use our products and have fun doing it!
- Work closely with our Marketing, Design, Product, Language Services, Development, and Localization teams in the early stages of feature development.
- Define content requirements and strategy to best achieve our goals.
- Write copy that helps our users interact with our products in a meaningful way. Your copy shall be helpful, human-sounding and straightforward.
- Give and get feedback on design and content and constantly iterate on interface copy.
- Work closely with Localization in the early stages of feature development, making sure to provide enough conceptual context for appropriate and culturally relevant translation/transcreation of your copy.
- Collaborate with Localization on the creation and constant improvement of terminology and style guides, best practices and processes.
- Work with Localization to advocate for brand standards, style and tone of voice.
- Collaborate with Design and Localization on setting up a User Research Program to get a deep and thorough understanding of our users’ needs in all markets.
- Collaborate closely with other areas of the business to support them with content writing needs – if required.
- Additional ad hoc duties on an as needed basis.
- Reside in the U.S. or EMEA region.
- Native English language speaker and accomplished writer. Full working proficiency in another language is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience writing UX copy for web and mobile. We would love to see some of the work you have previously done.
- As an advocate for delivering the best user experience, your mindset screams UX.
- Additionally, you have a global mindset, thrive in an international environment and are aware of existing cultural sensitivities and the specifics of UX Localization. All this is at the forefront of your thinking.
- You understand that the devil lies in the details, and therefore, you are always on the lookout for those subtle tweaks that result in big improvements.
- You are driven by creativity and data and are always interested in finding out what will improve user engagement and retention.
- Last but not least: as a real team player, you can work cross-functionally with KUDO UX teams, Localization, Engineering, Operations etc.
What We Offer
- A positive work atmosphere with flexible hours
- Talented and culturally diverse teams to work and build relationships with from across the world.
- Opportunity to have a true impact on a mission-driven business that's solving a key global issue.
- Great autonomy to achieve your goals and grow as a person.
- Learning and career development opportunities
This position includes a competitive salary based on experience with generous benefits and a flexible work structure.