Welcome to the coolest fully remote job where you get to be the biggest contributor in a growing business, passionate about remote work, adventure (and work/life balance!) We are ready for our first full-time employee to help shape the leadership team for our remote, boutique agency. We are a small team and our team members success and happiness is a HUGE part of what we focus on. We want everyone to live the life they thrive in — and that doesn’t include sitting in an office for 8-10 hours a day and commuting. What’s your BEST, thriving lifestyle? You can do this, and the marketing work you love at First Page as we redefine what the work week and work day looks like.
We need a leader to take our remote marketing agency to the next level. We are a small team positioned to make it big, so this is your chance to get involved in a very fun growth stage and mold who we become as remote marketing leaders. This role will be a true partner to Jeanna — taking over marketing team management and overall growth strategy as we take on more clients and expand our business. She needs a kick-ass rock star who is whip smart on all-things online marketing (SEO/Content/Inbound focused) and has worked in data-driven growth marketing for 15+ years, preferably for tech and startup brands or marketing agencies working with tech/startup brands. This role not only requires juggling internal (First Page) and external (client) marketing strategy, managing internal team Directors, hitting goals/reporting on KPIs, and integrating into our remote team and processes, but also the ability to see the big picture and think about where to go next all while being an overall KIND and fun human to work remotely with.
YOUR JOB DUTIESSALES + MARKETING STRATEGY
- Align First Page’s sales and marketing strategies with our business strategy through active participation in strategic planning (using the EOS system), Sales & Marketing strategy development, forecasting, resource planning, and budgeting.
- Be a true expert in online marketing and how acquisition marketing (bottom of the funnel, PPC/display) and inbound marketing (top/middle with SEO/content/lead generation) work together with brand and customer marketing to complete a customer journey from step 1 to 100. Know when to add, turn on, or change marketing levers for growth. And pair this with experience using the entire HubSpot product suite and the inbound methodology.
- Have an eagle eye for detail and high threshold of quality — and continuously drive forward First Page’s results and output with this mindset.
- Live a data-driven mindset — track funnel/channel performance, build KPIs for clients and teams, maintain KPI dashboards visible to the business and clients, dive into analytics to understand how things are performing — what we need to add as a tracking layer to get deeper analysis of performance and stories to tell, report on analytics to customers and founder and understand how marketing initiatives are impacting revenue growth.
- Assist with new proposals/pitches for agency growth (marketing strategy developed within the proposal); develop a pipeline of inbound leads for the agency; manage a sales rep for qualified inbound leads; work together with the founder to close new clients.
- Identify marketing team talent needs/replacements, interview, hire and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team and sales Business Development Representative(s) as we grow.
- Uphold First Page’s culture, mission/vision/values on a daily basis as a business leader with high internal visibility
- 15+ years of sales and marketing experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the startup/tech/SaaS/fintech industries and with SEO/content/inbound.
- Demonstrate deep expertise in all things inbound/organic channel marketing: SEO, link building, content outreach, guest blogging, on-page/technical SEO, topic clusters, buyer personas, buyer’s journeys, content pillars, pillar pages, CTAs, conversion optimization etc. and how it can all work together to grow revenue.
- Prior management of sales and marketing teams and budgets in a performance-based environment.
- Proven accountability for revenue growth and associated KPIs.
- Experience in B2C and B2B markets.
- Strong, data-driven problem resolution skills, including the ability to identify and define problems, collect data, analyze data, build spreadsheets, manipulate data to show trends/results, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions on paths to improvement.
- Epic writing, editing, and communication skills
- High attention to detail and dedication to accuracy / quality
- A flexible attitude at a small, growing team as team and responsibilities internally shift
- A willingness to be part of a fully remote team and care about who you work with on the other side of the computer — participation in team building video calls/events, Slack conversations, etc.
- Expertise understanding of all remote-work tools: Asana, Google Drive, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Must be available between the 10am-2pm CT hours (Slack or email for questions, but don’t have to be “at your desk” during those hours, necessarily)