- Full time - Sat to Wed (9 am - 5:30 pm GMT)
- Probation period - 3 months (Mon to Fri)
- Remote (Work from anywhere within the UK!)
- Starting ASAP
- Deadline - 19th July 2021
About Us 👋
Bookwhen is a flexible and affordable booking solution that's used by thousands of customers worldwide. We support a diverse range of customers - from yogis to alpaca walkers and from potters to large multinationals! They all make our world a more colourful place and helping our customers turn their passion into a business is our biggest motivator. Our small team is made up of passionate and autonomous people with an entrepreneurial mindset. We're a group of creative thinkers focused on quality and collaboration.
What’s the job?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced customer support individual to join our team full time. We’re looking for someone who is technically minded as well as empathetic and is comfortable owning all aspects of Bookwhen customer support interactions, including live chat, email, phone calls and social media contact.
As the face of Bookwhen, you will be maintaining our excellent service reputation and helping our customers get the most from the product. You’ll be triaging bugs, passing development requirements on to the product team and communicating with developers on new releases and investigations.
The working hours for this role are Saturday to Wednesday 9 am - 5:30 pm GMT and we support customers in many countries and timezones. During your probation period (first 3 months) you’ll be working Monday to Friday with the team. A typical day on support will involve answering how-to questions, investigating issues our customers are experiencing and speaking with leads browsing the website. Every week you will spend 4 days on support and one day off to focus on any follow-ups, training and other projects. You’ll have regular check-ins with your line manager and be encouraged to collaborate on projects with the wider team.
Why working at Bookwhen is awesome 🙌
Initially founded in Oxford, UK, we are a remote-first business, giving our team flexibility in their location. We aim to meet and spend time together at least 4 times a year and have a strong emphasis on genuine work-life balance.
You’d be joining Bookwhen at a really exciting time after having seen significant growth over the past year, both in our customer base and the size of the team. With a clear and well-established product-market fit, we see a huge opportunity to grow further and your role will be integral to achieving our goals.
We’re a team of passionate and hardworking people, who believe in the value of what we bring to our customers. We’re also a social, friendly bunch who love to chat and support each other through life’s ups and downs. Our Slack workspace has different channels that encourage us to talk about our passions and interests such as board games, gardening, music and home brewing. Every month on a Friday afternoon, we have a virtual ‘Bookwhen social’ where we can all catch up and have a laugh together. We love a pub quiz and have even dressed up to play a Murder Mystery game!
You are someone who…
- Has 1+ years of customer support experience, preferably in a technical role.
- Enjoys collaboration and thrives in a team but can also work autonomously.
- Has a creative and holistic approach to problem-solving.
- Loves feedback and understand how it benefits your own and others' development.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Is self-motivated and can work autonomously with little guidance.
- Is kind, empathetic, caring and loves to help people.
- Is tech-savvy and quick to learn new systems and software.
- Acts with integrity, transparency, directness and humility.
- Is emotionally resilient and able to keep calm during stressful situations.
- Is based in the UK.
- Enjoys working at weekends as it suits your lifestyle.
It would be a bonus if you also...
- Have experience working via email, live chat and phone support.
- Understand what makes a great user experience.
- Have a background in sales.
- Have experience working in a remote team.
- Annual leave - 33 days per year (you decide if you’d like to use these on bank holidays)
- Working fully remotely
- Pension scheme
- Budget for co-working spaces and office equipment
- Team away days
- Budget for training and conferences
- Annual allowance for attending Bookwhen hosted classes and courses
Our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion policy:
Bookwhen is proudly an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.