Now Hiring: Remote WordPress Developers
❗ Hiring Multiple
🗺 Anywhere in the World
💡 3-5 Years of Experience
🔑 Work with the Founders
is a global team of friends that have come together to make, manage and grow websites at an affordable, monthly rate for hundreds of small businesses. Founded in 7 years ago in West Chester, PA by Cam Fulton and Tom Barrett, SearchActions was created out of the belief that every small business deserves to have a beautiful, kick-ass website that attracts new customers, grows with the business, and ultimately, changes the lives of the people that make it special.
Create kick-ass websites that change people’s lives
As our mission says, our goal is to change people’s lives. One way we’re able to accomplish this is by providing free or discounted service, support, and consulting services to some awesome non-profits including the Police Athletic League, Believe and Achieve Foundation (Matt Ryan’s non-profit), SERI (Sustainable Electronics), and the Young Men and Women in Charge Foundation (YMWIC).
What We Do and Our Service
Here’s what we do for our customers: For one affordable monthly payment, you get your website, ongoing support, and everything needed to keep it online, running fast, and bringing in fresh, new customers. Plus, the flexibility to cancel at any time. Together, our web development and internet marketing services are designed to make it easier for your potential clients to find your company.
Who We Are Looking For
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- Passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- Incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- An excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- A self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Excellent English writing and communication skills. We believe communication is critical.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- At least 2 years of experience with WordPress.
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS – you can write HTML and apply styling from “scratch”.
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge when needed.
- You can take technical lingo and make it understandable to customers.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Proficiency in writing documentation.
- Proven track record providing support for WordPress plugins.
- Experience working with SEO & marketing tools (eg. SEMRUSH, Google Search Console).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, etc).
- Working knowledge of PHP.
- Worked on the helpdesk for WordPress support tickets
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working the support inbox, making sure our customers receive timely responses. (we use Zendesk)
- Fielding and recording feature requests.
- Providing support to users on the WordPress.org forums for our plugins.
- Testing bug reports locally, and when confirmed pass them to the development team with detailed instructions.
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for updates and new releases.
- Updating and creating tutorials and documentation.
- Writing code snippets to solve one-off problems.