As a video educator, you will be responsible for turning complex into simple! You will regularly write, record, and produce educational videos to help our users discover how to do amazing things with All In One SEO (AIOSEO) and empower them to succeed.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a teacher at heart and enjoy explaining concepts and ideas.
- You have extensive knowledge and experience with SEO and digital marketing.
- You’re passionate about solving problems and helping people.
- You’re incredibly positive and enjoy making another person’s day.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Here are the skills that will come handy:
- Excellent English writing and communication skills. We believe communication is critical.
- Proficiency with screen recordings (Camtasia, Screenflow, etc.)
- Experience with video/audio editing (Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro, Audacity, etc.)
- Experience with graphic editing (Photoshop. Affinity Designer, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress and understanding on how to build / manage a basic website.
- Experience adding and managing videos on YouTube.
- Ability to break down complex topics into simple, easy to follow instructions.
- Be comfortable being on camera
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – the United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- How you found out about this position.
- 3 specific links to your most relevant videos.
- What video that you've created has gotten the BEST results? What were those results?
- An overview of your experience with self-hosted WordPress.org software (not WordPress.com) and our products.
Also note, please don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a test assignment.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!