WP Stagecoach helps users set up staging solutions quickly and easily with our one click WordPress plug-in.
Our small but mighty technical support team is growing and looking for a customer-support focused specialist to help solve customer questions, troubleshoot issues, log bugs and create documentation for our knowledgebase. This is a contact role ~15-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
If you are interested in solving customer problems, have a desire to learn and a strong WordPress technical background we would love to hear from you.
In this role you will:
- Reply to customer questions and investigate, troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a approachable and empathetic way
- Translate technical problems and solutions to customers in a way that is easy to understand
- Use your working knowledge of WordPress, WordPress Plugins, and the WordPress ecosystem to fix customer issues
- Create detailed bug reports
- Monitor and improve our processes to improve our customer experience
- Attend weekly status meetings
- Perform day to day customer account administration functions related to user licenses, refunds, or plan changes
- Migrate WordPress customer sites
- Create tutorials, documentation and screencasts to both help guide customers to success and add to our knowledge base
Requirements: We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years providing technical support for customers and has a desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs
- Deep knowledge of WordPress, including themes, plugins, common configurations, quirks, and troubleshooting and debugging techniques
- The ability to write and edit custom JS, HTML and CSS, and a basic comfort level with PHP
- MySQL knowledge including familiarity with basic SQL statements
- Knowledge and understanding of a WordPress site migration including familiarity with CPanel, database backups and restore and import process
- The ability to use PHPMyAdmin, as well as FTP and SFTP.
- Familiarity with WordPress hosting environments and configurations and migrations
- A willingness to learn new things, and an aptitude for technology
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- Ability to work with coverage and flexible hours, during each business day anywhere between 8-8 EST
- Strong verbal and written English-language communication skills
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
Nice to Have (Bonus Points)
- Experience updating and creating tutorials and documentation.
- Experience building or supporting WP plugins
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as Zendesk
- Participation in the WordPress.org community
Work from your home or anywhere in the World. Our team is fully distributed and there is flexibility with working hours. The ideal candidate will be able to work a flexible schedule with a few hours of work each day (M-F) with some PT overlap anywhere between 8 am - 8 pm US ET. This role has a lot of autonomy and flexibility to check in throughout the day to follow up on tickets.
Compensation / Hours
This role is a contract role 15-20 hours per week and our hourly rate for this role is commensurate with experience between $15-20/hour.
WP Stagecoach proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.