IO Global creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Product Owner to join a new project. You will help with developer community build-outs using your experience of technical products.
We are looking for a self-organiser who loves to collaborate and has a sense of urgency in all that they do. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
You will be self-motivated and willing to adopt a leadership role in ensuring delivery; and flexible and willing to adapt to frequent changes. We are searching for someone who can demonstrate competence in defining product requirements, as well as analysis, specification, and verification. You should be well versed in management practices and have the ability to apply them. You will leverage strong interpersonal skills to drive innovation in product development with a team of world-class engineers and scientists – and the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior managers and clients.
This role will suit someone with a keen interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, trends and products. You will enjoy keeping up to date with the status of competitors from a technical and business perspective.
Your duties will include:
- Incorporating feature requests into the product roadmap
- Managing and prioritizing the backlog
- Writing user stories and defining acceptance criteria
- Setting development sprint goals
- Defining acceptance criteria
- Planning releases and upgrades
- Following progress of work and addressing production issues during sprints
- Analyzing preferences and requests from users
- Refining our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keeping track of industry trends
- Working with product managers, the delivery team and technology leadership towards common goals
- Taking charge of the tactical plan to achieve goals defined in the product and company strategy.
- Experience as a Product Owner or a similar role in product management
- A background in distributed computing and strong experience with blockchain technologies
- Familiarity with Agile, Jira and Github is essential
- Experience in financial product development and UI/UX work
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development
- Team spirit and good communication abilities
- Good organizational skills
- BSc in computer science, engineering or similar field
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. However, due to team distribution we are ideally looking for someone in a European time zone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service