The Marketing Automation Lead (MAL) executes, reports on, and helps to develop the marketing automation strategy of the organization. The MAL works with the Technology Team to ensure that marketing (i.e. email, SMS, etc.) messages are loaded and delivered, leads are loaded into the correct campaigns and our members are able to engage with our organization's mission. The MAL is also responsible for reporting on the efficacy of and providing suggestions on how to best improve the organization's marketing automation. Ideally the MAL has a deep understanding of email marketing, SMS marketing, and similar marketing channels, and especially Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
To succeed in this role, the MAL must be detail oriented and be able to consistently execute at a high level with minimal to no errors. They have the ability to work cross functionally with other teams of the organization to ensure that all parts of the marketing automation process run smoothly. They have excellent communication and time management skills and can effectively manage deadlines for a number of different projects.
Reports to: Head of Technology
Marketing Campaign Execution. Work closely with the Marketing Team to develop and execute the organization's marketing campaigns.
Campaign & Systems Analysis. Monitor effectiveness of the organization's marketing campaigns and provide feedback to the Marketing and Leadership Teams on how to improve their efficacy.
Email Deliverability. Be on top of the trends in email deliverability to provide expertise to the rest of the organization on how to maximize email marketing campaign effectiveness.
Marketing Automation Expertise. Be on top of the trends associated with marketing automation to provide expertise to the rest of the organization on how to maximize the effective use of marketing automation systems across the organization.
Marketing Campaign Execution
- Code, load and schedule custom, responsive HTML email messages, and SMS messages for on-going marketing, transactional and ad-hoc messages.
- Provide "first round" quality assurance (QA) of all messages sent via the marketing automation platform.
- Execute, end-to-end, on ongoing email marketing broadcasts and campaigns
- Manage multiple email campaigns that take advantage of audience segmentation, sent on a regular basis to a large user base.
- Maintain and update priorities based on the organization's promotions calendar.
Campaign & Systems Analysis
- Reporting of message performance including standard metrics and analysis of creative testing.
- Identify new lead nurturing campaign ideas, pitch to key stakeholders, then implement, optimize and report.
- Continually A/B test hypotheses such as subject lines, content, design/layout, or timing to increase customer engagement and retention while decreasing complaints and unsubscribes.
- Regularly perform in-depth analysis of the entire campaign portfolio to ensure KPIs are being met, systems are functioning optimally, and to identify under-performing parts of campaigns.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe/bounce/deliverability/complaint rates and ensure spam regulation (CAN-SPAM), GDPR and CCPA compliance.
- Maintain message delivery best practices including device compatibility, appearance of subject lines, use of images, etc.
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop and implement segmented marketing campaigns.
- Proactively monitor email deliverability and work with ISPs and ESPs to ensure a high inbox delivery rate.
- Work cross-functionally to minimize the impact of message content on inbox deliverability.
- Understand the intricacies of and develop strategies to maximize email deliverability.
Marketing Automation Expertise
- Maintain the organization's marketing automation systems.
- Know the ins and outs of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and be able to provide expertise to the rest of the organization how to best leverage its capabilities.
- Discover, design, and implement cross-channel integrations for various marketing campaigns, tools, and resources.
- Work with Marketing and Technology Teams to assist with data reporting between campaigns and other relevant systems.
- Provide support in interfacing with marketing automation systems, CRM, and customer data both through user-facing, administrative and API interfaces to other team members.
- Use third-party tools to assist the organization with streamlining systems and processes within all cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Clear written communication skills
- Clear verbal communication skills
- Effectively manage deadlines
- Detail-oriented, with excellent written communication skills
- Critical thinking, see the "forest for the trees"
- Excellent organizational habits and project management expertise
- Ability to function excellently in a high-performance, driven team
- Excellent attention to detail, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, layout and design
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and logical problem-solving abilities
- High level of curiosity and drive to understand metrics and their implications
- Ability to understand complex business challenges
- Basic SQL expertise to write queries and statements for reporting and data extensions
- Basic ability to interact with data via REST APIs
- Ability to evaluate organizational opportunities
- Ability to provide projections and trend assessments
- Fluency with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Ability to implement tracking systems and work with attribution systems
- Reliable computer (Mac OS preferred)
- Reliable high-speed Internet connection
- A quiet, functional and stable work environment (home or home office okay)
- Comfortable working with a team via Slack
- Comfortable working with others via Zoom video conferencing
- Comfortable working within Jira for project and task management
- Expert-level proficiency with G Suite products, specifically Docs and Sheets
- Thrives in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter with great communication skills, desire to learn new programs and skills, and love for data.
- Report on the progress of current assignments via project management tools, as well as through direct communication with the direct report.
- 2-5 years of experience in email marketing (required)
- 1-2 years of experience in building HTML emails and AMP coding (preferred)
- Experience with email marketing using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (required, certification preferred)
- Experience building and analyzing reports (opens, clicks, conversions, etc.) and applying findings to make data-driven decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, business administration, marketing, or related (preferred - work experience equally considered)
Our mission is healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, ethical and sustainable food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, we have more than 600,000 members and collaborate with many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times. Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet. We prioritize an intentional contribution to the health and wellbeing of marginalized communities, exposing and challenging the impacts of the race and class divides, and supporting equity, opportunity and health for everyone.
You believe in the power of healthy, organic, fair trade, local, plant-strong food to change the world. You're passionate about supporting the food revolution and movements for a more healthy, ethical, equitable, and sustainable world. You support our scientifically grounded, fact-driven and welcoming approach, which promotes a whole foods, plant-based approach and is inclusive of a broad range of eaters. You have a diverse range of life experiences and bring your whole self to the workplace, including key learnings and wisdom from your ethnic, racial, religious, cultural, gender, socioeconomic, etc. background.
You're values-driven, highly motivated, self-aware, ethical, emotionally intelligent, compassionate, socially conscious, constantly learning, and respectful of yourself and others. You're reliable, dedicated, undaunted, persistent, friendly, and forthright. You admit your mistakes, clean up your messes, and learn from everything.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Food Revolution Network is a committed equal opportunity employer. FRN recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At FRN, we aim to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people bring their skills, life experience, passion and creativity to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. We are committed to healthy, ethical and sustainable food for ALL, and that requires a proactive dedication to advocating for equity, inclusion and opportunity including for those communities that have been most negatively impacted by our toxic food culture. We are committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that enable each person to bring unique talents, insights and skills.
FRN is a fully remote team, with team members in multiple North American time zones. This position may be performed from anywhere, but we strongly prefer North America-compatible time zones, with a required availability from 9am - 3pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday.
$65,000 - $80,000+ (paid semi-monthly), depending on experience, with potential performance bonuses.
Permanent full-time employees also receive paid time off, flexible time off for holidays, wellness time off, health, vision and dental insurance, opportunities for bonuses, and other benefits.