Responsibilities of the Job - The Opportunity
We’re looking for an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to join our engineering team. As an engineer at FlexJobs you’ll work on challenging projects in collaboration with our Product and Quality Assurance teams to build, release, and maintain features for our user base.
Our team moves quickly and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and at a fast pace, while also being adept at collaborating in a 100% remote environment.
Experience and Skills for This Role
- 3-5 Years Experience with NLP technologies, NLP model creation, implementations of grammar and semantic formalisms, machine learning, probabilistic reasoning, and/or information retrieval
- 3-5 Years Experience with NLP applications, such as named entity extraction, named entity resolution, relationship extraction, and natural language generation
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing tools
- Understanding of Deep Neural Networks
- Strong technical proficiency with Python
- Understanding of basic computer science and statistical concepts in relation to NLP
- Familiar with basic NLP processing pipelines such as Text Cleaning, Tokenization, Vocabulary Building, Numericalization, etc.
- Familiar with common NLP tasks such as Language Modeling, Information Extraction, Sequence to Sequence Generation, etc.
- Experience using Python deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch (preferred), Tensorflow and Keras. Preferably having experience in training and deploying models at scale
- Ability to conduct detailed, annotated research
- 3-5 Years Experience with data science toolkits, such as Python’s NLTK, REGEX, SciPy, or NumPy
- 3-5 Years Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or HBase
- Comfortable working with modern development tooling (Linux, Git, GitHub, Docker, Bash, AWS)
Traits Required of All Team Members at FlexJobs
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we'll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What pay rate/salary would you be comfortable with
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your gmail settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.