Sr. Back-End Software Engineer (Java/test unit/Leading exp)
Position: Back-End Developer
Location: Latin America (Minimum of 6 hours of overlap with PST)
Job Type: Permanent
Annual Salary: USD50,000 - USD 80,000
Top Reasons Why You Want to Work for this Company:
- 100% Remote
- Make a difference in how underserved communities get financial help
- Be trusted to own, create and test your work
Type of Developer Needed:
They would love a person to research them, and ask tough questions about the domain, and how their company is run (this would show ownership). Candidates should also be passionate about building front ends. You need to be senior enough to bring an opinion, but not such a strong opinion that would across rude.
- 90% back-end work and 10% front-end work.
- Work closely with Product, Design and Operations to scope and plan projects.
- Resolve ambiguity in product requirements potentially resolve conflicting requirements.
- Design, implement and maintain solutions.
- Have security and quality first mindset. Consider scale and security implications of new features that you develop.
- Work across stack from UI Clients to the Micro services.
- Challenge the way they build products and think about solutions.
- Operate in an agile development environment.
- Mentor junior team members and suggest improvements to engineering processes, perform peer code reviews.
Arc - Empower talent to do work that matters from anywhere
Arc is changing the way the world works and hires remotely. Be a part of the world’s biggest vetted community of developers and let us do our job in finding quality opportunities for you. We’ll handle the “annoying stuff” (invoices, logistics and operations) and you can focus on what you do best. This is a remote position (of course) - since Arc is all about lowering the friction of remote work.