Intellum is the creator and leader of the customer education market. We are privately-owned, profitable, and powered by a globally distributed team of people who truly care about delivering remarkable learning experiences.
Our Engineering team consists of around 20 people and operates from North America, Europe, and Oceania. Remote has been the bedrock of our culture for over a decade.
At Intellum, you will be joining a very successful organization and help the largest and fastest-moving brands in the world successfully educate their customers, partners, and employees.
Requirements - Mobile Test Automation Engineer
We are looking for a smart, self-motivated person to join our truly exceptional mobile development team and build out our testing framework.
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions rather than just waffly personal statements on your Resume/CV.
- You have an eye for software design and can talk eloquently on a range of topics due to your experiences and also from reading and experimentation.
- For you it’s more than a job.
What we offer:
- Remote Working with a flexible schedule, supported by a strong culture of asynchronous communication.
- Working together with a team of smart, interesting people with the lightest, most supportive structure possible to be successful.
- Varied, interesting technical challenges for talented engineers to tackle and large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus on getting things done.
- An opportunity to play a significant role in our mission to improve the lives of others. Education is important and our contribution to the practice and technology is significant.
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing, and highly autonomous. No architects, project managers, or middle management. You’ll be working directly with our Product Managers and stakeholders in a highly collaborative manner. This approach requires a huge amount of teamwork and maturity and is not right for everyone, but we believe it’s the best way to create great software.
Among other things, TDD/BDD, Refactoring, and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded and we’re constantly striving to improve the way we work. We know typing is not the bottleneck, so:
- We organize your own time around our occasional meetings.
- After every six-week cycle we have two weeks of downtime, which we can use to play with new toys or product ideas.
- Regularly attend conferences and community events, both as participants and contributors.
- However, we’re not perfect and not afraid to say so. We recognize we have many problems which need solving and a long way to go on our journey of continuous improvement.
Technologies We Use
Most of our stack is Rails/React on the server-side and Swift/Kotlin on the mobile end. We’d be interested in candidates from any background as long as you have a keen understanding of automated testing. Here’s a (not exclusive) list of technologies we currently use:
- Swift, Kotlin
- Gherkin, XCTest, Roboelectric, Espresso
- Cocoapods, Texture, Sourcery, Swiftlint, Periphery
- Docker, Xcode Bots, Bitrise
- Rails, RSpec, Rake, Capybara, Selenium
- REST, OAuth
- Github (issues, projects)
We’re also very keen on open source. We contribute to some of the technologies listed above as well as maintaining our own forks.
BenefitsInsurance (US Based)
- Medical - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Dental - 100% of employee premiums covered
- Vision - 100% of employee premiums covered
- 401(k) with matching
- Education - $3,500 per year in educational funds (“Boost Budget”)
About the process:
Our interviewing process should take about 2 weeks. During this time, usually, we will hold three interviews of around one hour each. We don't require you to perform any coding challenge and we won't ask any algorithmic or tricky questions.
We do want to give you the chance to show us your technical and communication skills in a comfortable and positive environment. We believe the best way to achieve this is for you to prepare some code that you have written and think is worth sharing with us. It does not have to be something you craft especially for this occasion, but some interesting real-life problem you have solved in the past that we can go through together, and have some discussions around it.
About Intellum: Intellum is an Atlanta-based SaaS company focused on corporate learning. We are the software engineers, developers and tech industry professionals who are helping our clients become more data savvy, applying machine learning techniques to significantly improve learning personalization, and developing monetization strategies that drive revenue with external audiences. We strive to live up to our company values of Simplicity, Honesty and Innovation every day and have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row by the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Our clients include organizations such as Cricket Wireless, Facebook, Google, Habitat for Humanity, and Randstad.
Intellum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.