As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining microservices (mostly Node.js-based) which handle significant payloads and functions related to our financial market data.
- Strong ability to think abstractly.
- Good understanding of ideas like OOP and functional programming.
- Up-to-date knowledge of recent versions of ECMAScript.
- Strong expertise in Node.js (if you never debugged a memory leak in Node.js application, then it’s a no go).
- Good expertise with Express and one of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with using Websockets in non-basic scenarios.
- Good understanding of why message brokers exist.
- Good understanding of how HTTP works.
TrendSpider is a good place to work. Here’s why:
- Minimum-to-no hierarchy and bureaucracy. Time from idea to product can be VERY short.
- Your contribution can make a real difference. You’re not going to be coding internal utilities nobody wants; your work will impact real customers immediately.
- Competitive salaries and benefits tailored to your skills and capabilities.
If you can honestly answer “yes” to these 3 questions, then please contact us immediately :)
- Have you ever debugged and fixed memory leaks in Node.js applications?
- Have you ever debugged and fixed event loop lags in Node.js applications?
- Do you know what’s the purpose of having 2 generations in the Node.js garbage collector?