Job Title: Senior PHP Developer [Part-time On-going Contract]
We are a digital agency seeking a highly experienced PHP developer to perform backend development on client sites and to build and enhance our backend infrastructure.
This is a remote hourly position with a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours/week.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build and maintain a portfolio of custom ecommerce websites that sell digital products. Work includes building custom functionality, writing and troubleshooting billing code, and writing backend logic for user interfaces.
- Maintain and add features to our custom ecommerce platform specifically built for selling digital products/recurring billing.
- Advise on further improving our software development systems, and helping to build out a roadmap for future framework framework.
- At least 5 years of experience working with PHP and the rest of the LAMP stack. If you’ve been using PHP long enough to remember the excitement of PHP 3 that’s a bonus ;)
- Can demonstrate the ability to write production quality code oriented around maintainability, security, and speed.
- Passionate about writing code and being in a position where you can spend most of your time getting to be a programmer (rather than meetings, emails, TPS reports, etc).
- Committed to working in a remote programming position for the long-term. We’re looking for a candidate who can grow with us.
- Experienced at managing multiple projects and deadlines. We are an agency so we have multiple active clients at any given time.
- Prior experience with an MVC-based framework such as Laravel, Symfony, CakePHP, or similar is a must.
- Strong written English skills are a must. In particular must be able to clearly understand and follow software requirements written in English.
- Must have fast and dependable internet connection, an appropriate work from home environment, and supply own computer and other technology.
- Experience with the Stripe API, especially Stripe Billing. We write a lot of complex billing code.
- You are open to this position growing to full-time work eventually.
Benefits of working for us:
- Fully remote work with flexible work schedule.
- Guaranteed minimum of hours.
- We care deeply about the work that we create for clients, the importance of good code, and wish to work with someone that has a similar mindset.
You should not apply if:
- You don’t have a strong PHP MVC background or experience with writing efficient and secure code. This is an essential requirement.
- You are only looking for temporary work.
- You would rather work at an office.
Application must include:
- Resume demonstrating your past work experience with PHP.
- Cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position and why this position is a good fit for you and your goals.
- Link to public git repo or attach sample code that is written by you and which you have permission to share.
Interviews will be held via Zoom, followed by written programming tests. This is a 100% remote position on a 100% remote team. We welcome applicants from around the world.
To apply please email email@example.com making sure to include the above 3 items. We look forward to hearing from you.