Wick Creative, the top Shopify agency in the Denver area, is looking for a Shopify Website Developer to join its growing team of talented and passionate designers and developers.
We build top performing websites for our clients who are mainly in the outdoor industry. Our clients love working with us because we’re honest, responsible, on-time with deliverables and most importantly, our websites make them a lot more money!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are a small, growing agency that truly believes in work/life balance.There are no 60 hour work weeks at Wick Creative! Our lively office is located in downtown Denver (across from Union Station), but you don’t have to be. We embrace a remote work option (must be U.S. based) for the right candidate. As a team we have a lot of fun, but this is definitely not a position where you can coast. We are looking for an independent problem solver who can take direction and then run with it. We have no desire to micro-manage.
DAILY ACTIVITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to…):
- Working with Creative Director to define opportunities & strategy
- Writing hand-coded HTML/CSS Shopify Themes
- Creating beautiful & smart website design that’s on strategy in a well-organized PSD file
- Working with jQuery and other various libraries and framework
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of Shopify development experience
- Ability to code a theme from scratch in Shopify
- Experience with bootstrap framework.
- Attention to detail (visual consistency, browser testing, validation, load times)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Sense of ownership and pride in your work
- Creative problem solving & resourcefulness
- Ability to handle a project with minimal aid or direction
- Ability to work as an individual and as a team member
Nice to haves:
- Ruby experience
- React JS
- Design skills – bonus points if you’re able to marry aesthetic form with function
This position is for a developer with bonus points for candidates with design skills. You must know liquid code, Adobe Creative Suite, and have experience developing and launching sites on Shopify.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary $70-100k (DOE)
- Health Insurance upon hire
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Discounted outdoor gear
- Business hour schedule flexibility
- Remote work arrangement for those outside of Denver
- Off-site working allotment (Denver-based team members)
- Parking/Commute pay (Denver-based team members)
Follow the link to complete our online application. There is a place to upload your resume as well. A portfolio website is required to apply for this position.
We appreciate your excitement, but please do not contact our office directly. Wick Creative has engaged an outsourced firm to facilitate the hiring process; only applicants through this portal will be considered.