⚠️ Proficiency in the Russian language is required for this position
We are Pixellu, a software company on a mission to simplify the lives of professional photographers. We are seeking a world-class Software Development Manager (also called Technical Project Manager) / Scrum Master to manage the development of our software products with remote engineering teams located across multiple timezones. We currently have 3 projects in active development, with 3 projects in support mode.
❤️ About Pixellu
At Pixellu, we know professional photographers are frustrated with all of the tedious work required to run a successful photography business. Many get so overwhelmed, they end up quitting on their dream of having a photography career. That is why we create easy-to-use, time-saving software that simplifies photographers’ lives so that they can spend less time in front of the computer and get back to doing what they love.
Today, we are a team of 30 team members spread across 10 countries, serving tens of thousands of photographers in over 100 countries.
- Work closely with software developers, technical leads, and product owners to drive project planning and execution of complex software development projects.
- Ensure projects are well-planned, executed efficiently, and delivered with high quality.
- Manage and maintain project information, including feature definition and scope, and epic and scrum planning.
- Maintain a high-level understanding of the architecture of the projects being managed.
- Lead regular scrum sessions, project reviews, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Identify significant risks and unknowns, and define and drive resolution plans.
- Manage cross-team dependencies, and coordinate cross-team initiatives and blocking issues.
- Track and ensure release criteria are met.
- Perform higher-level project tracking and reporting.
- Help with engineering staffing, allocation, and tracking.
- Drive information sharing, capturing, and disseminating of best practices across engineering.
🤓 Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing complex software projects and applying agile methodologies.
- Strong technical background and ability to understand complex product functionality, design and technical issues, in order to drive the right priorities, trade-offs and resolutions.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum and ability to apply it in a smart and practical way.
- Demonstrated ability to help teams define clear deliverables and meet them.
- Extremely well-organized with project information, attention to detail, and exacting quality standards.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in the areas of teamwork and influencing skills and ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions.
- Ability to manage and multi-task across multiple projects and teams.
- Certified Scrum Master a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Qt, Django, Angular a plus.
- Experience in OmniPlan, or similar Gantt charting software
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence wiki a plus.
- Proficiency in the Russian language
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Daily availability 8-10am Pacific Time (17:00-19:00 EET)
- Work from anywhere
- Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses based on seniority and role
- Paid parental leave
- 20 annual days off, with the ability to make up missed days on weekends