The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the problems we solve at our blog
, as well as in recent media coverage
of our work.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Primer in the US you will be a key member of the Infrastructure team and will develop the core infrastructure for building, deploying, and operating our hosted and on-prem systems. You will partner with product managers and software engineers to solve the technical challenges of our machine learning technology.
****United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government.*****
From your first day, you’ll drive the implementation of security throughout the organization. You will...
- Usability improvements for developers to our continuous build and release process
- Securing our network and systems to protect customer data
- Improving the observability of our systems to support rapid iteration while maintaining stable service
- Management of AWS infrastructure as well as installations on Azure, GCP.
- Strategy development for hybrid on-prem / cloud deployment management as we grow our customer base
- Creation and management of detailed technical designs and installation documentation of our technology for use by external customers
What We Are Looking For
- Deep knowledge of Linux
- Experience managing high-availability databases
- Experience with docker and containerization
- Experience with automation and orchestration of cloud, operating system, and operational tasks using any relevant toolset
- Expertise in cloud architecture design and management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A desire to teach and evangelize DevOps best practices across the company
- Python development experience
- Prior experience working with software engineering teams to improve and streamline release processes
- Hands-on work with web application development
- Experience with managing ML pipelines and models
- History of open source contributions
What We Offer
- A rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Health, Dental Benefits
- Generous holiday
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
What We Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office (post covid) in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.