Constructive, a leading social impact design firm with an NYC core and a remote staff that helps advance social, environmental, and economic justice, is looking to hire a Senior Strategist to be an integral part of our design team. While this position can be remote, it must be filled by a person authorized to work in the United States.
Constructive’s work bridges brand strategy and digital strategy, and our strategists work across a wide range of projects. So, while we’re looking for a strategist with significant content strategy expertise and experience working on large-scale websites, we ideally need a strategic thinker who brings a social impact brand-building mindset.
If you’re a strategic, creative thinker who wants to collaborate with ambitious people to create brand experiences that help make the world a better place, then please, read on!
The Senior Strategist’s Role
Strategists at Constructive play a significant role in building relationships based on strategic value. They are great lateral thinkers. They ask questions and are expert listeners. They’re research-minded and focused on creating value. They know how to synthesize complex ideas to help others focus on what matters most. And they’re passionate about creating harmony—helping other experts deliver on strategic goals and priorities through their own work.
As a Senior Digital Strategist at Constructive, we’ll count on you to:
Broad Strategy Responsibilities
Lead strategic discovery, engaging clients, external stakeholders, and Constructive’s team to surface ideas and insights through surveys, interviews, workshops, and independent research.
Create strategy workshops and exercises that help teams focus on, uncover, and build upon avenues of strategic inquiry.
Analyze and synthesize research findings into insights, recommendations, and new questions that expand people’s thinking and invite new ideas.
Write assessments and strategy briefs that turn research and strategy into actionable insights for designers, content creators, technologists, and client teams.
Lead clients through presentations that articulate strategic concepts and recommendations.
Develop client relationships by acting as a consultative strategic advisor who helps our partners advance their missions.
Contribute to new business development by participating in pitches and developing content for Constructive articles and webinars.
Digital Strategy Responsibilities
- Conduct content audits and assessments that take stock of client assets and evaluate content for its ability to deliver on brand goals and audience needs.
- Develop digital content strategies that empower people to produce online content that engages, educates, and inspires audiences to act on important social impact issues.
- Develop analytics-driven UX strategies that drive brand engagement by working with data generated by platforms like Google Analytics to assess
- Conduct user research, develop user testing scenarios, and create strategic assessments and recommendations based on findings.
- Contribute to content design and UX design, thinking through ways to deliver digital content and convert it into valuable brand experiences.
Senior Strategist Requirements
- A collaborative mindset and deep desire to work in the social impact space.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a digital strategist at a digital agency, a nonprofit, and/or as a consultant.
- Deep expertise in communications strategy, digital strategy, and content strategy.
- Extensive experience developing content strategy for large websites.
- Experience developing user research plans and conducting user testing.
- Experience working Google Analytics and/or other digital analytics platforms.
- An understanding of mission-driven organizations and how nonprofits and foundations work.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Extremely high standards.
Nice-to-Haves That We Really Value
- Experience developing brand strategy and messaging.
- Knowledge of SEO and social media strategy
- Knowledge of issue framing and asset framing strategies.
- UX writing experience
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Constructive prizes work-life balance, and our compensation is a combination of a competitive salary and a robust list of benefits and perks. Along with a bunch of culture benefits, here are the additional primary benefits that come along with base salary:
- Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- Company Profit Sharing Plan
- 2 weeks vacation + 1 day each anniversary (max 15 total days)
- Week off between Christmas Eve & New Year’s
- Half-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16)
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Professional development budget
- Being part of a team that helps make the world a better place
Want to Join Constructive?
Great! Then please send an email titled “Sr. Strategist” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your résumé or CV
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself, relevant experience, and why you’d like to work with Constructive
- Answers to the following questions:
- What values drive you and your work?
- What principles guide your approach to developing strategy?
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
- Desired salary range
Want to really stand out?
- Share examples of strategy deliverables you’ve created that will help us understand your strategic thinking and process. Note: We can sign an NDA if needed to ensure privacy of work shared