Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build strong global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research.
As a software engineer on the Billing & Payments team, you’ll work on the software that enables Bevy communities to pay and get paid. Many communities host high-value events on our platform. Startup Grind—our first customer & origin-story for Bevy—pioneered the small, local fireside chat with affordable ticket prices and great speakers along with hosting an annual SG Global conference. Using your skill at building & integrating secure web payment systems, you’ll create payment components & services and work with Bevy product teams to enable Bevy communities to sell tickets, elicit sponsorships, and share revenue with local groups around the globe simply, with every bit of fractional money accounted for and visible to just those who should see it.
- Design, integrate & implement software features that securely take payments, distribute revenues, and report financial details to stakeholders.
- Code review - we’re moving quickly and can’t always arrive at the best solution on our own.
- Writing everything down - Bevy’s engineering team is 100% remote, and we need to make sure our teammates are set up for success as well.
- Work with product teams to plan payment components of event experiences, downstream integrations, reporting & data analytics, etc.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to site payment capabilities & data within various parts of the platform experience and work to improve our tools & practices as an engineering organization.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a strong full-stack developer, with experience integrating Stripe payment solutions. Experience with Adyen, Braintree, Payoneer, Paypal, or other payment platforms is a plus.
- You’ve more than a passing familiarity with payment security principles and secure development, especially PCI-compliance.
- You are fluent in multi-currency concepts and can explain how the pennies (or yen or pesos or …) ended up that way to accountants who must know exactly how money is handled.
- You communicate well, often, and make sure everybody understands what’s happening, when, and by whom. You especially like to write things down in public places that are easy to find & understand.
- Have a focus on delivering customer value that is simple for them even if the problem is not. You think in terms of systems & delivery, not in terms of writing code. Sometimes, the best solution might not involve writing code at all.
- You reside in the continental North or South Americas. We are a distributed remote company, but since we are still small, we prefer to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.