We are looking for a badass content and communications manager to shape and lead Stax’s
content marketing effort. We believe that great content is the bedrock of an exceptional community and marketing strategy and we want you to help us achieve that.
Our goal for content is to engage, inform and entice. We want to explore every format possible :D - from newsletters to blog articles, podcasts, videos and of course, social media. So, if you love brainstorming new content formats and ideas and using them to build thriving communities as well as acquire and retain users, then this opportunity is for you.
As Stax’s content and communications manager, you will be at centre of telling our story and thus will shape how people perceive Stax, what they understand about the product and how it makes their lives better; you will educate existing users about new and existing features and ensure that they have a good grasp of how to use Stax on a day to day basis.
For this role, we are looking for a highly autonomous and creative individual who finds early-stage products exciting, someone who lovessss social media and long form writing, and is interested in building a pan-African product.
You’d be working directly with our Head of Growth. The growth team is responsible for user acquisition and retention, product marketing, partnerships, and analytics. For Stax, growth is our MAIN EFFORT, which means ALL teams give priority support to the growth team.
About Hover (Stax)
We are a globally distributed team on a mission to build an inclusive internet. We started Hover developer Services. Inc
(“Hover”) because of a technical innovation that allowed us to run USSD sessions in the background of an Android app. Hover helps developers automate USSD sessions in the background of Android applications. Our Android SDK can run virtually any USSD interaction on any mobile operator anywhere in the world. This includes payments, airtime top up, bill pay and more.
We are now using our core technology to build Stax
. Stax is a consumer-focused fintech app that leverages USSD automation technology to power offline and online payments for individuals and small businesses. Stax is the simplest way to manage & spend from all your bank & mobile money accounts on a single app, and to make transactions offline. That’s right, the internet is not required to move money with Stax.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world (Hover has team members in the U.K, Canada, Kenya, Nigeria and the U.S)
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Executive Coaching
- Competitive salary in bitcoin, usd or your home currency
- All the latest tech and tools you need
- Generous learning and wellness credit
- Min. 2yrs of content marketing experience at a high-growth consumer-focused product
- Long-form content writing savvy
- Moderately to highly obsessed with social media 😁
- Very proactive and autonomous
- Deep knowledge of content marketing tools
- Experience tracking content marketing and social media results
- Excited by new content marketing formats - e.g podcast/twitter spaces/clubhouse, tiktok videos etc.
- Knows how to incorporate video into overall content strategy
- Understands the place of PR in brand building
- Experience working remotely with a global distributed team
- Can speak authentically to the African Market
Nice to have:
- Bi-lingual (we are excited about the possibility of working with someone who speaks/writes French) :D
- Can play around graphic and video design tools like canva and inshot.
- Social Media: Create and publish social media content and engage with our accounts daily.
- Content Marketing: Inform and engage Stax users using different content formats. Build a community of Staxxers (advocates) using these channels.
- Brand & PR: Help define the company's brand voice for all customer touchpoints and work with our Head of growth to brainstorm and execute PR strategies.
- Marketing: Work with Head of growth to execute marketing campaigns
- UX Writing: Give feedback on user interface copy
- Work closely with a marketing designer to create enticing images and videos that are consistent with our brand guidelines
- Everyday is a good day to create and engage on social media
- Every week we would explore what content to create for better engagement - videos? A blog post?
- You’d ask yourself questions like “what would be the importance of a monthly or biweekly newsletter - what should be the focus?
- Every week you’d track your efforts and how much impact it is making - based on engagement, awareness, website visits and installs.