As a Systems Support Engineer with amazee.io, you’ll be part of an ambitious, fully remote team. The Open Source hosting industry is constantly evolving and we are looking for someone that is both curious and willing to pick up new technology quickly. You’ll be supporting our customers with technical challenges and questions, which means you will also dive deeply into our systems architecture and product landscape, working alongside our team of highly skilled and motivated senior engineers. We believe this is a great opportunity to learn and sharpen your skills on the job, whilst working with the latest emerging technologies in the Open Source world.
amazee.io provides a Drupal hosting Platform as a Service to clients worldwide. We excel in offering outstanding support and a local Docker-based development environment congruent to production servers, supporting production deployment to any server in any datacenter in the world. Our hosting environment is based on Docker and Kubernetes/OpenShift, operates in multiple locations all over the world, is completely open source, and currently serves many millions of hits per month.
We are constantly updating and improving the platform and need bright minds who are interested in helping us scale to build the world's best and fastest Drupal hosting environment.
Here’s our tech stack (but you don’t need to know it all!):
What you’ll bring:
- Client onboarding and training, as well as post onboarding support of our clients via our slack channels or e-mail
- Deployment of our clients projects
- Design, architect, and implement continuous integration & development pipelines together with our enterprise customers
- Specify, implement, document, and roll out features & updates
- Support tech teams by implementing, following and advocating DevOps principles
- Share the responsibility for off hours “on call” duty
- Support in ensuring the stability of our hosting environment
- Working schedule in line with office hours in EU (UTC+0 to UTC+2)
- Effective communication via cat gifs and emojis
- A good level of English proficiency
The following would be Amazeeng (see what we did there) but not a must. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all of these boxes, there’s room to learn.
- Experience with or are familiar with agile project methodologies and principles
- Experience with Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with server security and system hardening
- Experience with Ansible, Node.js, or Golang
- Experience with performance optimization and load testing
What we’ll bring:
- A flat hierarchy in which you can flourish
- Varied and interesting work on a global scale
- Flexible work hours/locations
- 40-hour working week / 5 weeks of vacation
- Biennial soft and hardware budget.
- After 3 years, you’ll get a paid month off to do something crazy. A big trip, learn something new somewhere in the world etc. Just make sure it’s a life-changing experience.
- Attend conferences and workshops to extend your knowledge
- Annual education and fitness budgets for your development and wellbeing
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical knowledge, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.