Bear Group is a leading website development firm dedicated to building and supporting websites and eCommerce solutions that help businesses grow. We’re a remote-first company headquartered in Seattle and have helped hundreds of organizations—across a wide range of industries—align their technology to their business goals over the past 14 years.
Our focus in web development enables us to develop deep expertise in Drupal, Magento and Shopify and to provide top-notch custom solutions for clients. We’re looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our team. Web Developers need to be self-motivated and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with along the way. We value and support ongoing education and professional development to keep up with ever-evolving technologies and practices.
The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
- Developing custom modules and extensions for Drupal CMS and Magento Commerce
- Integration with various APIs and third-party systems
- Migrating existing sites to modern platforms
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3+ years in web development and strong PHP experience.
- Preference for client service environments, such as web development firms, technical support teams, interactive agencies, or graphic design firms.
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb written communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to define, scope and code custom extensions and integrations for our platforms.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
- Experience with API-based development, and integration with 3rd party systems.
- React, Redux, Knockout, Angular or other JS frameworks are strongly preferred.
- Experience with compiled CSS, using SASS or LESS preprocessors.
- Experience developing in local environments and working with code repositories such as Git
Working at Bear Group
In addition to competitive pay, we provide a range of benefits and resources to our employees, including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 3 weeks of PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- 401k with matching
- New computer
- $1,500 annual education stipend
- Software and home equipment stipend for the tools that you prefer to use
To learn more about us, visit www.beargroup.com
. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.