Our engineering team is responsible for all identity at Assurance, inside and out. From our builder community to our customer-facing agents and contractors, Assurance interacts with thousands of people on a day to day basis. Engineers on our team design, build, and own platforms
Our business is experiencing unprecedented growth, with an identity system originally hastily designed to support the needs of a startup. This opportunity means that every improvement we make immediately affects effects everyone, unlocking business value and improving our user's success.
You have a strong understanding of cloud development and are proficient in cloud patterns and services. Collaborative teamwork is your primary mode of operation. You’re not shy about reaching out to others with questions and you’re eager to support your peers in their work. At the same time, you understand what ownership and accountability for your individual work means. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift rapidly as we corner opportunity. You’re ready to change the world of insurance, and you know that all starts with high quality software and services. You demonstrate an exemplary level of ownership and no problem is below you. You enjoy creating designs and writing code that would outlive you.
At the very least, the candidate should
- At the very least, the candidate should:
- Have 4+ years of practical experience developing service-based applications
- Have a track record of designing, developing and shipping complex software projects that required cross-team collaboration
- Be proficient in at least one high-level programming language such as Java, Python, or Ruby
- Have strong debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve or mitigate issues
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
The ideal candidate for this position would
- Be comfortable working with AWS services
- Have practical experience developing APIs for the modern world
- Have knowledge of the Ruby and Rails ecosystems
- Have experience working in the fintech or insuretech business domain