~$30 per hour, 20+ hours per week.
Our team is 100% remote and distributed across the world. We have team members in Australia, the US, Canada, Thailand, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Turkey, Nigeria, South Africa, the UK, and Romania. It doesn't matter where you live or what time zone you're in.
Your main responsibility will be to write content for our website. Documentation, tutorials, blog posts, and more. This is a largely self-directed position, where you will do your own research, choose topics, write the content, edit it, and publish it. Ideal candidates will have experience with WordPress, SEO, and technical writing.
We are a small team but we try to give everyone as much flexibility as possible. Flexibility means that you can work in the mornings, or the evenings, or both, or in the middle of the night, or whatever. It means you can take two weeks off to go on a trip. It means you can wake up and decide you don't feel like working and take the day off without telling anyone.
Our official policy is: please update the availability calendar if you are not available to work for more than 2 days in a row, or if you will not be able to meet your agreed-upon hours per week.
- Write, edit, and publish content.
- Identify high-leverage topics that will improve search ranking for specific pages.
- Figure out which keywords to target and incorporate them into your writing.
- Track search rankings and optimize existing content.
- Create graphic assets for your content.
- Learn how our products work and how our customers use them.
The only thing we really care about is the ability to write high-quality content. The more of these boxes you can tick the better, in descending order of importance:
- Minimum availability of 20 hours per week.
- Flawless written English. Able to explain complicated, technical topics in simple terms.
- Expert-level WordPress knowledge including troubleshooting and debugging. Bonus points for experience with development and knowledge of WordPress database structure.
- At least beginner-level PHP knowledge. Bonus points for the ability to write PHP functions, work with arrays, and make use of our API.
- Fast and hands-on learner. Able to quickly become familiar with our software and learn new things about WordPress, PHP, and related technologies.
- Experience with WooCommerce.
- Familiarity with XML and CSV file formats, phpMyAdmin, XPath, debugging and troubleshooting WordPress themes and plugins via FTP, and cPanel and other web hosting control panels.
- Ability to create video walkthroughs.