We are a digital agency looking for a passionate and progressive developer with at least 5 years working experience to join our team. You'll be part of a team with big ambition and have the chance to shape our business and culture long term.
You should have an extremely good eye for detail, be eager to continually improve your craft and write beautiful, clean code.
VERY IMPORTANT: Only applicants that provide examples of their work when they apply will be considered for this role.
Working with a bunch of our retainer clients on their websites and online stores, suggesting improvements, tending to feature requests, fixing bugs and doing general maintenance work,
Main tasks 👩💻
- Write semantic HTML markup,
- Write mobile-first, responsive CSS
- Use Tailwind CSS to style user interfaces,
- Use Vue.js and React to build user interfaces,
- Integrate with and develop for GatsbyJS, Craft CMS and Shopify
- Develop plugins for Craft CMS
- Use modern programming principles like OOP, DRY and
- Consume REST and GraphQL APIs,
- Develop with a good understanding of SEO, speed and security best practices,
- Think creatively to solve UI/UX problems and other issues that may not have been considered by other team members,
- Thoroughly validate and test work to resolve bugs, usability issues, browser differences and platform differences,
- Use Git and GitLab for tracking changes and working alongside our team,
- Use Webpack to automate tasks and build processes,
- Write internal and external documentation for your work,
- Adhere to our coding styles and conventions to ensure consistency,
- Train our clients how to update and maintain their websites and web applications,
- Collaborate with our team members and make suggestions for solutions to problems,
- Plan and execute your work meticulously to minimise mistakes,
- Maintain and improve our website,
- Contribute to internal development projects,
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies,
- Participate in training and education sessions.
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Skills, competencies and personal attributes 🤝
Strong communication: communicate clearly and concisely and varying communication style depending upon the audience.
Attention to detail: achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
Business acumen: keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a "business situation" in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out duties in an efficient and timely manner.
Work management/organisation: ability to organise work and workload to meet multiple requirements and deadlines.
Good judgement: consider the consequences of one's decisions.
Problem solving: the ability to define a problem, determine the cause of the problem, identify and analyse solutions and select a final solution.
Ability to adapt: the ability to positively adapt to different conditions and environments to improve the chance of success.
Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.
Professional approach: show a high level of skill when accomplishing a task.
We are looking forward to getting to know you! 💪