Area 52 Labs is hiring a product-minded Full-Stack Engineer to help build a new type of social gaming experience. The ideal candidate is comfortable taking ownership of frontend & backend codebases to deliver high quality experiences to users.
We are a self-funded startup based in Los Angeles, but you can be located anywhere.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the development of an early MVP product and make key architectural decisions.
- Work closely with the founder to brainstorm & develop new features.
- Write clean, quality code that is easy to test and maintain.
- Significant experience building browser-based real-time applications with a high volume of concurrent users using technologies like WebSockets.
- Significant experience with browser-based video & voice technologies (e.g. WebRTC).
- Significant experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Deep familiarity with working with CSS and manipulating the DOM.
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud services to deploy production-level applications.
- Excellent English language proficiency (written & spoken) and communication skills.
- Able to work with some overlap with the North American time zones.
- Bonus: Experience with game development & a passion for gaming.
- Work anywhere. We are remote first.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Flexible time-off and unlimited vacation.
- Whatever hardware / software you need to get the job done and be the most productive.