We're looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world.
Newchip is a global virtual startup accelerator with the goal of providing world-changing early-stage startups with the tools, skills, and mentorship, and networks necessary to successfully raise, build and scale their businesses to eventual acquisition.
- We're a veteran founding team with decades of experience and numerous acquisitions under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team that meets both our core values and has the experience to add complimentary experience.
- We've funded over $300M into companies and are looking for entrepreneurial-oriented individuals who are in it for the long-haul to truly assist startups to drive results that create investment returns to our investors and investor partner network.
- If you're looking to make a difference, we're here to provide the mentorship, leadership, opportunities, and long-term growth potential to make that dream a reality - if you're here simply looking for a 9-5 job that is standard and predictable, our company isn't for you.
Mission Statement: We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors, everywhere.
Senior Product Manager Role Overview
Newchip is looking for a highly experienced Senior Product Manager to direct and lead product development for our global Accelerator Program, including our +100-hour eCourse LMS offering, online user experience, and other strategic functions. As such, you will help shape the vision of the program and curriculum, creating a scalable world-class product strategy that impacts thousands of global startup founders in the Newchip ecosystem. Furthermore, you will oversee the development of our online Accelerator experience with the support of instructional designers, LMS experts, course developers, design teams, and other key product stakeholders.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will also be responsible for driving the development of the Product team, which includes making key hires and owning all strategic targets and KPIs of the Newchip Accelerator product. This is the perfect role for you because you know exactly how to build functional teams that are able to get things done fast and right. You also drive cross-functional collaboration with departmental heads over the collection of feedback and discussion of critical data that will help you drive your team objectives. Moreover, you are a master of agile methodologies, product frameworks, and project management softwares - you know how and where to apply them productively in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup environment.
You know you are the right fit for this role because you are an execution-minded leader and have substantial experience optimizing and innovating on established products that clearly make an impact on thousands - if not millions - of people. All the decisions you make are data-driven, and if the data mechanisms do not exist, you naturally build the processes to collect them effectively and efficiently. In short, you thrive in this role because you create actionable steps - and execute on them - all while keeping the big picture and long-term broader vision in mind.
Distinctive performance as a Senior Product Manager role may enable you to become the Director of Product at Newchip within the next 1-3 years, depending on the level of impact, rigor, and value you bring and create within your immediate role and the broader Product team.
Ideally, you already live in Austin, TX, or are eager to move here within the next 1-2 months!
- Develop and implement product and program strategies consistent with the global Accelerator vision and future growth
- Lead a team cross-functionally while overseeing product analysis, product strategy, and business analysis functions within the team
- Facilitate a curriculum planning and monitoring process, focusing on establishing relevant KPIs, data collection, and feedback mechanisms
- Develop, maintain, and communicate a prioritized product roadmap, along with a detailed customer journey map, to support the Newchip ecosystem and company strategic initiatives
- Drive the development of the Accelerator Product team through key hires for instructional designers, LMS experts, course developers, design teams, and other key team members
- Collect and analyze feedback from stakeholders - including startup founders, mentors, investors, etc. - and other teams to shape requirements, features, curriculum content, and the end product
- Drive elicitation of requirements using best analytical practices that may include user interviews, behavioral studies, user surveys, data analysis, and standard modeling techniques
- Make creative recommendations to expand core product base and broader company vision
- Provide management with in-depth reports (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) on product performance, program success, underlying problems, and potential optimizations
- Represent the customer and the user to increase the business knowledge of the team while also advocating for product quality and good user experience
- 7+ years in tech product management; major bonus points if you oversaw an online education product with a strong e-course, online curriculum, and/or LMS component
- Strong preference for this role to be based in Austin, TX at our downtown HQ
- Experience shipping high-quality products that deliver meaningful business results
- World-class organizational and project management skills (Monday.com, agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the various aspects of the product management role across multiple systems and functional teams, worldwide
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal; you communicate effectively and directly with tact, respect, and candor
- Whenever life throws you lemons, you make the most delicious and intriguing lemonade - ever
- Expert collaborator who builds consensus among diverse customer stakeholder groups
- Track record of successfully leading, managing, and growing world-class product teams
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and creative thinking skills with deep curiosity
- Exceptional experience leading organizational data-driven efforts (i.e., collecting, analyzing, and implementing data insights on an on-going basis)
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, multi-task, and wear multiple hats as the needs of your team evolve
- Strong experience applying structured, data-driven approaches to product strategies
- Exceptional attention to detail - you're meticulous and genuinely care about high-quality output