Making Your Next Move Count
At Navis you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our teammates through offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) wellbeing. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and a deep commitment to developing you. Navis’ culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Navis and thrive in your every work day!
Navis LLC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
Octopi by Navis
is looking for a self-motivated senior full-stack developer with experience working on a production Ruby on Rails application to help us build and improve our SaaS for cargo ports.
The ideal person for this position should be intellectually curious and willing to learn about the shipping and maritime industry. They should have a strong ability to perform deep work: to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task. Finally, they should be able to make pragmatic decisions while designing and building new features for our product.
- Design and build new features for Octopi in Ruby on Rails.
- Write well-crafted, high-quality, self-documented, and pragmatic code.
- Work closely with our Customer Success and Onboarding teams to help our customers thrive.
- Always think of ways to improve our application and our customers’ experience.
- At least 10 years of professional experience as a software developer
- At least 6 years of experience working with Ruby on Rails professionally
- Strong work ethics
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Git and Github
- Experience with scaling a Ruby on Rails application
- Solid knowledge of:
- Ruby on Rails
- Git & Github
- Backbone JS or Vue.js