Quality Assurance Engineer
Term: Long term contract
Location: South East Asia (Remote/home-based)
Car Next Door has been growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we have grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 250,000+ members.
Our fast growth and market position has been recently recognised by:
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50
About the role:
We are looking to attract an experienced and self-motivated QA Engineer, to join our Insights team as we scale up. The role would suit someone who wants to play a key in supporting our development team to ensure smooth, fast, and efficient development cycles and issue resolution. You’ll be ready to take on exciting projects, in one of Australia's most promising startups.
The key focus of this role will be to test our mobile applications and website, then feeding insights back to our product team. The role will also document scenarios, users, and use cases for the design of our automated testing. Managing the life of issues within the product, from identification, through to resolution will be core to the daily activities of the role. Reporting to our Project Coordinator, this is a full-time remote contract position, offering flexible hours, in an outcome-driven environment.
As a part of the team, you’ll be:
- Creating and conducting manual regression tests of the CND mobile app and website.
- Defining automated test scenarios.
- Identifying, replicating, analysing, and documenting bugs and issues.
- Reviewing customer requests and complaints to identify issues and improvements.
- Working with developers to solve bugs and issues.
- Working with developers to ensure the smooth and efficient release of new product features.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in product testing
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Experience with Device Farm and Appium would be very highly regarded.
- Familiarity with product development cycles.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
Apply now to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
To apply, please use our 5-minute application form (https://forms.gle/H7SektybvW7y7Ltw7).
At Car Next Door, we value all people for who they are and what they bring to our community. We encourage our employees to be their genuine authentic selves and know that our team, our product, and our members’ experiences are enhanced by the diversity of perspectives of everyone who works at Car Next Door. We offer equal opportunities to all applicants and promote merit and fairness in our employment practices. If you’re passionate about being part of a team that is doing something amazing for our community and the environment, come as you are!
Please note: we do not accept applications via 3rd party recruiters or other businesses. We are not liable for any fees incurred assumed or otherwise and fully reserve the right in the absence of a mutually agreed (receipt of terms of business does not imply agreement) contract to approach any persons we believe are suitable for the role or our business.