We’re searching for a troubleshooting pro with deep WordPress knowledge and a drive to deliver an amazing client support experience. More on that in a moment, but first:
Life is short.
We believe that if we’re going to spend a decent chunk of our time working, it should be for a good purpose. That’s why we exclusively serve clients who make a positive impact on the world.
At Yoko Co the hours you spend helping people won’t just make some rich dude or dudette richer: You’ll be connecting people with life-saving medical care, get adorable pets adopted into forever homes, find a way for kids to afford college, build bridges between brilliant minds, protect our environment, and so much more.
At the end of each day, we want you to feel like you’ve made a difference — like you’ve made things a little bit better.
(Cue inspirational music / wipe away single tear)
Okay, so about this Support Specialist position:
- FreshDesk will be your home base, but this role goes way beyond simply closing tickets.
- You’ll be running the show for support requests. Not only will you be the point person for troubleshooting, we’re counting on you to help us continually improve our support processes, and deliver an all-around fantastic experience.
- You should be able to tackle a majority of requests on your own, but we do have a team of talented developers and producers for when you need backup.
- You’ll also be in charge of handling monthly software/plugin updates for the client websites that we host (mostly WordPress).
- Things move quickly here. You’ll have a ton of autonomy, but the expectations are high, the challenges are many, and the learning is constant.
- Basically, if you’re a highly-organized, problem-solving tinkerer who knows WordPress, loves making people happy, and wants to do something different everyday, you may just have found your perfect job.
A few technical skills and traits you should have:
- A solid knowledge of WordPress and its core components: Themes, plugins, settings, and how everything works together.
- The ability to write and edit custom HTML & CSS.
- Familiarity with WordPress hosting environments and common configurations.
- At least 3 years of experience working directly with WordPress.
Bonus: Any technical or interpersonal skills beyond what we’ve listed above are gravy. If you’ve got killer coding chops, an eye for design, the ability to read minds, or anything else you think might be useful, be sure to let us know!
If you work here:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website
to learn more.
If you’re interested, send an email to email@example.com
with the subject line “Troubleshooter
” — While you’re at it, we’d love to learn a bit more about you, take a look at your resume, and see links to any interesting projects you’ve been a part of.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, for this position, you must be willing to be generally available from 9am - 5pm US eastern time.