At Alight Creative we believe in making professional-quality motion graphics and content design tools accessible to everyone from beginners to seasoned professionals. This means communicating with users about complex topics such as principles of animation, video encoding standards, and the use of complex visual effects involving fractals. It also means communicating key pieces of these concepts in app store descriptions, promotional material and social media copy, so that potential users can understand how app functionality relates to their use cases.
As a Senior Technical and Marketing Writer, you will be responsible for developing a consistent written voice across all user-facing Alight Creative documentation and messaging, writing user guides, collaborating with Product Designers to brainstorm terminology, and working with the social media and support team to improve the clarity and consistency of their messaging.
- Write and maintain user guides for Alight Motion and other Alight Creative products.
- Track, standardize and coordinate the use of technical terminology across various Alight Creative properties, including app UI, web sites, marketing materials, technical documentation, and users guides.
- Work with the content creation team to edit scripts for tutorials and other educational content to improve clarity and make the material more interesting and engaging.
- Work with the marketing team to edit marketing and social media copy for clarity and technical accuracy, and to improve consistency of written voice with other material such as educational material.
- Work with Product Managers to write product descriptions and copy for the web site and various app stores.
- Edit and proofread developer blog posts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant experience in authoring technical documents, product documentation, or online publications for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience writing software user guides or other user-facing material.
- Portfolio of technical or UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling ability, and extensive editorial experience, including familiarity with standard American English style and usage.
- Knowledge of the Motion Graphics or Animation industries and related jargon, especially After Effects or Alight Motion.
- Knowledge of video and audio encoding terminology.
- Experience with documentation generation tools and text-based document formats such as markdown, XML, or HTML.
- Experience with Python, Kotlin, Java, or a similar language.
- Experience writing API documentation.
- Marketing, promotional, or social media copywriting experience.