Digital Agency GOOGLE Campaign Manager / Media Buyer - 40 hours per week.
Permanent role (with Annual Leave and Pension for UK employees).
If you live and breathe ROAS, CTR, CVR, CPC, ATC then read on, everyone else skip.
We’ve got something really exciting going on here at Webtopia. We are digital ads geeks with amazing clients and reputation. We’re in a full-tilt growth model with big plans that show no signs of slowing down - and we are looking for our next Google Ads Media Buyer.
Do you want to learn from some of the brightest minds in digital advertising, push your career to the next level and work with fun, independent eComm brands committed to making the world a better place? Want to be part of an agency that is supporting Earth and Women's charities and will only ever work with brands that share our values? Are you an A-player who loves to learn, solve problems and strives to be the best at what you do?
You will get to work in a fun, friendly and fast-paced agency. You'll be given the flexibility to work from anywhere in Europe with a fast Internet connection (or anywhere with a European time-zone). You'll be trained constantly on the latest techniques in digital ads and set yourself up for an amazing future in a booming industry. When Covid ends we'll do Offsites in fun European cities. Career prospects are immense, as we are growing at 100% Year on Year which means tonnes of opportunity for those with ambition to take on more responsibility, and for the senior team, a share in the profits as we grow.
NOTE: Our goal with this job description is to paint a picture of where we are, the opportunities we have, and what we need. That means it is looooooooong (<-- Google joke), but also means you should have a much better sense of whether this is a good fit for you than the average JD.
If you read it and think, “Damn, that sounds absolutely energising!” we want to talk to you. If you think, “I’m pretty lost,” or, “That sounds like way too much work,” or, “These people are insane,” you're probably right, and this isn’t the right role for you. That’s ok; it’s not for everyone. If you think, “This sounds mostly awesome, but I have some questions,” let’s talk.
Let me share a little about our company and the position we currently have available. Webtopia is a fully remote, boutique paid-social agency specialising in Digital ads for direct to consumer eCommerce businesses.
We are passionate about educating our team and giving them the opportunity to grow and progress their careers as much as possible.
After leading the Performance Marketing Team for Etsy our founder and CEO Jessie realised the power of mission-driven businesses and set up her own ‘anti-agency’ that did things differently, by hiring more experienced team members and having a true partnership with clients.
Are You An "A-Player"?
At Webtopia we’re ONLY looking for “A-Players” to join our team.
“A-Players” are people who are committed to excellence in all that they do.
They can get a job easily, but they take the time to research the companies they’re considering working for, they’re selective in the interviews they go out on, and they “go the extra mile” in searching for the “right” position, because they’re looking for more than a job... they’re looking for a long-term career opportunity.
They’re looking to be part of a team where they can make a positive impact on the world through the work they do WHILE being challenged to become a better version of themselves.
If that doesn’t sound like you, then feel free to stop reading now.
If you think you are an “A-Player”, then please read on to learn more about the exciting opportunity we have available for the right candidate.
Our hiring process isn’t quick and easy.
We’re going to ask you to jump through a few hoops to prove you’ve got the character and can demonstrate the values that align with our team and values.
You’ll be asked to take multiple tests.
You’ll have at least 2 interviews.
And we’re going to take our time in making sure you’re someone we want to invest our time and resources in growing.
What we’re really looking for is someone who wants to grow with us in the years to come.
Ok, if I still haven’t scared you away just yet, let’s continue…
Is this you?
We're looking for someone who is organised, an effective communicator, great with new technology and can get the job done! An experienced Google Campaign Manager that has an excellent understanding of the Google Ads Platform. You’ll likely come from a Digital Marketing background and have a keen interest in understanding how to reach your audience through digital channels, building intelligent targeting and segmentation plans.
Here’s the big picture for your role:
You will be responsible for planning, developing and managing clients' strategy and digital campaigns on Google. In addition, you are responsible for building and managing relationships with existing and potential clients to help them further achieve their digital marketing goals and grow revenue for Webtopia.
The campaign manager role both technical, strategic and is one of relationship building and managing and ensuring all deliverables are implemented through understanding scope.
On a day-to-day basis that means you will...
- Run paid media campaigns – Predominantly Google Ads (Search, Shopping, Display & YouTube
- Own the response to client brief, ensuring that we are able to develop approaches that align with client objectives and are able to demonstrate media expertise
- Campaign set up, implementation, optimisation and reporting across relevant channels
- Monitor pacing and delivery to ensure campaigns are on track to deliver the allocated budget
- Assisting in ensuring you have all the creative assets required
- Writing ad copy or requesting ad copy from the creative team where required.
- Deliver insight-led reports to clients to assist in evolving the media approach, providing strategic feedback and learnings from campaign activity
- Performing account management responsibilities
You’ll be self-motivated, ambitious, highly analytical, making decisions based on the data, as well as a flair for copywriting that converts. You will have a thirst for knowledge - consuming all the latest information about the advertising platform.
- A minimum of two years experience working in a similar role
- Comprehensive understanding of Google Ads channels and strong knowledge of media activation across all the digital funnels
- Experience in managing campaigns from developing clear strategies and rationale, optimising for performance and reporting back on key learning
- Excellent knowledge of the digital landscape with the ability to discuss a clear point of view on trends and opportunities for upcoming client campaigns
- Knowledge of the function and process of common e-commerce platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Good presentation skills and interpersonal relationship skills. Candidates must have the ability to communicate complicated concepts simply and effectively
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise projects and work well within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PPT, Google suite and CRM
Your attitude will be bang on. You’re an upbeat person who takes responsibility and you know that ‘if it’s to be, it’s up to me’.
You’ll be high energy, with enthusiasm and positivity.
You'll be smart and savvy – able to have intelligent conversations;
You’ll want to improve your life and to be the best - the number one
You’ll also enjoy and thrive on being part of a close-knit team.
** NOT desired: drama, slacker, pessimist, whiner, victim, hand-out expect-er... you get the point.
If you’ve worked in digital agency before (which is nice to have but not essential) then you’ll have been the superstar in the team – and be able to prove it. We are looking for someone with the right attitude and smarts - not necessarily someone with the exact experience.
Not for the faint of heart. We’ll warn you in advance that this is a big role, with a fast pace and a lot of responsibility, and not for someone looking for an easy ride.
Why this role is amazing:
- Remote working
- Full access to our training and community programs
- Free access to our externally paid training programs and regular investment in your personal development
- Pay is based on experience and will be taken into account if you pass the early stages of assessment
- Fast-paced environment with big learning opportunities
- Working with a team that genuinely cares for each other
- Did we mention we’re growing like mad? It’s way more fun to be on a rocketship to the stars than riding in circles on a model train set. (No hate to model train enthusiasts.)
- A high degree of ownership and opportunity to inspire your passion and personal fulfillment.
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow every day.
- Did we mention we’ve got a really fun team culture and everyone is delightfully intelligent and that we share a wonderful set of company values?
We’re looking to hire the right person immediately. So if this sounds like a career opportunity that interests you, email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
and if you meet our criteria you will be sent the next steps in our process.